PURPOSE OF POSITION:
World Vision is one of the world’s largest INGOs, with over 37,000 staff operating in nearly 100 countries. The organisation delivers humanitarian aid to populations in some of the most challenging and complex environments, with transportation and fleet operations being critical to delivering our programmes. World Vision has a diverse global fleet of well over 10,000 standard vehicles and motorcycles, including drilling rigs and water craft. The total fleet portfolio represents one of the largest asset groups in the organisation.
Reporting to the Director Global Fleet Management, the Fleet Analyst will be expected to support and actively contribute to the efficient and effective delivery of flexible and agile ‘end to end’ transportation solutions for World Vision operations. The role will pay particular attention to providing analysis, monitoring and reporting on fleet related incidents trends and management to ensure that our fleet managers, staff managers and drivers have the knowledge and understanding to operate safely and efficiently across World Visions National Office and Response operations.
World Vision is committed to operating its global fleet resources safely, cost effectively and with a reduced environmental impact.
- Manage the development and implementation of a global fleet information collection system to support context monitoring and fleet analysis requirements.
- Provide SME support to the development and delivery of a fleet management reporting capability.
- Contribute to the development of the Fleet Strategy for WV.
Technical and Operational Support:
- Provide advice and support to the Office of Corporate Security (OCS) Partnership Leader, Global Fleet Management and Fleet focal points, Global Security Advisors and all other relevant stakeholders on emerging fleet issues, particularly as they may impact on WV strategies and staff safety.
- Provide oversight of WVs incident reporting systems with respect to fleet and safety related incidents and support the OCS Fleet Management team to ensure appropriate follow up is undertaken in a timely way.
- Maintain an OCS Fleet incident database using a variety of different sources. Ensure integrity and accuracy of the data. Identify and use multiple sources and platforms for comparison and trends.
- Work with OCS Security to monitor broader security and safety issues in order to identify fleet (and safety) and security related risks.
- Work with internal and external partners to identify emerging fleet related safety risks and assist in the ongoing development of mitigation strategies that are aligned with WVs Security and Fleet Polices and its Core Security Requirements (CSR).
- Lead the development and implementation of a WV ‘in house” capacity building plan for fleet information management that is based on established fleet policy and standards.
- Engage with Regional Security Advisors, Fleet Managers, Fleet focal Points and National Directors to build awareness of fleet information & management as per WV Corporate Security(fleet and safety) policies.
- Identify, share / facilitate access to fleet data analysis tools, resources and materials as well as providing learning and support opportunities for Regional & National Offices. These may include facilitating and conducting training, engagement of trainers, establishing institutional links, identifying opportunities for staff exchange or mentoring.
- Develop and implement a WV fleet ‘information sharing’ network comprising individuals who can influence and champion fleet initiatives based on review and analysis of fleet information/data.
- Develop and maintain key external and internal relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at a micro and macro level to facilitate access to information.
- Identify and develop strategic fleet networks to share information on fleet issues affecting humanitarian operations.
- Lead a process of continuous learning on international good practice in fleet (safety) information management & analysis to identify tools and processes that can be implemented into WV operations globally.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the field of information analysis (at an operational, tactical and strategic level); risk assessment and fleet risks management.
- Review fleet incident reporting across WV operations to ensure alignment with WV, OCS Fleet standards policies and procedures.
- Act as a strategic link for the collation, analysis & dissemination of fleet information connecting National Offices, Regional Offices, Support Offices and Global Centre.
- Support and advise Regional and National Offices and fleets managers in observing appropriate fleet incident reporting requirements.
- Support activities that will enrich and develop World Vision’s Core Values.
- Practice an inclusive leadership style that will be a role model for the staff team, peers and others.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Director Global Fleet Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Have a relevant tertiary qualification in Systems and/or Business Data Analysis.
- Recognized ‘fleet’ and/or ‘safety’ experience with proven analysis and reporting capability from multiple and complex information/data sources.
- Experience as a Systems and/or Business Analyst within a military, humanitarian, government or private sector.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience using Power Business Intelligence systems or an equivalent tools.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with a large complex national or international organisation.
- Experience in the creation and implementation of safety programs, fleet management systems, compliance, training, metrics, reporting and vehicle accident reduction.
- Project management, Fleet, Safety experience.
- English written and spoken essential.
- Working proficiency in French, Spanish, Portuguese preferred.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Some understanding of Fleet and/or Safety (Health and Safety) practices within a large and complex organisation.
- Experience in fleet management optimization processes and in depth understanding of fleet trends and best practices.
- Experience in fleet management/operations within the humanitarian sector.
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability to synthesize and analyse complex information.
- Experience, willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Skillful communicator with advanced influencing skills that can transcend boundaries and work effectively across all levels of a complex organization.
- Ability to operate effectively and responsively in a fast changing, ambiguous environment and deal with high pressure situations calmly and with energy and resilience while managing multiple priorities and deadlines.