Fleet Management Specialist
CTG Global, South Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
Overview of position
The Fleet Management Specialist provides professional administrative support to the day-to-day operations of the Logistics Services (LS) Division, relieving senior personnel of many administrative tasks.
The Fleet Management Specialist will be responsible for managing the delivery of his/her outputs in a timely manner. Specifically, he/she is responsible for:
- Be responsible to plan, organize, and oversee the implementation of an efficient fleet maintenance system including resource planning, staffing needs, policies and regulations, work plans, milestones, guidelines;
- Assist to Fleet Maintenance Unit in the assessment of maintenance demands, preparation of maintenance plans and servicing schedules;
- Develop and maintain a master schedule of vehicle fuel usage;
- Provide a technical assistance in installation and maintenance of fleet mechanical equipment, motors and other machines and apparatus;
- Develop fleet policies and procedures to maintain and monitor all safety standards in conformance with regulations;
- Advise Fleet Management Unit on vehicle matters, including but not limited to the impact of licensing, inspections, registrations and insurance;
- Develop an effective reporting system to assure that services are provided properly and in timely fashion;
- Develop management of spare and repair parts;
- Coordinate with Procurement and Asset Management Unit;
- Submit evaluation and progress report of a subsequent against annual work plan;
- Create and maintain a database for accident record keeping and monitoring of contracted vehicles;
- Provide trainings on fleet maintenance and management;
- Ensure that all officers adhere to policy and procedures for vehicles;
- Maintain a central record of use of all vehicular units, including running cost;
- Compile and prepare detailed and complex transportation reports and records;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Knowledge Management and Learning;
- Ability to develop systems for structuring, codifying and providing access to information and knowledge;
- Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse team in a complex and a highly demanding environment.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity;
- The successful candidate must demonstrate considerable mentoring skills and an ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting.
- Advanced University degree (Master's degree or equivalent) preferably in engineering, technology or related area.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in fleet maintenance and management, and related;
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in word processing and good knowledge of fleet maintenance databases;
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills are a must, as are skills in capital needs forecasting and budgeting;
- Good knowledge of police administration issues;