FHI 360 designs and implements academic, professional, cultural, and youth exchange programs for students and emerging leaders around the world.
- Develop modules and extensions for an existing PHP system.
- Customize, configure, and administrate the PHP system and associated third party modules
- Customize the interface
- Create reports, online forms, and email campaigns using built-in modules or third-party modules
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems reported by users
- Work with users to test new features
- Create and maintain documentation for code and configuration
- Contribute to the discovery and implementation of future solutions to project information and data need
- BA/BS preferred.
- 3 years of PHP 5 development experience
- Understanding of web protocols and standards such as SOAP, JSON, HTTP(S) etc.
- Experience managing source code using revision control systems. Git is preferred.
- Should be comfortable working in Linux command line
- Knowledge of coding best practices and design patterns.
- Experience exporting and importing data sets into/from web-based data platforms
- 3 years or more of PHP Development experience
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS is required
- Associate’s Degree or its International Equivalent - Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Related Field.
- 2– 5 Years of work experience.
- Working knowledge of project management concepts Possession of excellent analytical skills. Possession of excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Read, write and speak English; fluent in host country language required.
- Experience in use of programming languages and platform technologies.
- Prior experience working in a non- governmental organization (NGO).
Typical Physical Demands: Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-25 lbs.
Technology to be Used: Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.