UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
For every child, a fair chance
UNICEF has been an active partner of the Government of the Philippines and civil society in realizing the rights of every Filipino child, in line with priorities to achieve the Millennium Development Goals. UNICEF efforts have been focused on the most vulnerable regions identified by the Government of the Philippines Development Plan, particularly in the regions of Visayas and Mindanao. To ensure that interventions are sustainable and scaled up, UNICEF will support primarily local government units (LGUs) as the main instruments of delivering services and building systems. The level of engagement with government institutions will take into account capacities, economies of scale and sector issues.
It has a field office in Cotabato City, the second largest city in Mindanao, southern Philippines, with some 300,000 population. The city is the regional administrative centre of the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao and over 80 percent of the population is Muslim. Mindanao is both conflict-affected and prone to frequent earthquakes and typhoon storms.
How can you make a difference?
- Under the general guidance of the Fundraising Officer, the Fundraising Associate will be responsible for implementing digital fundraising and brand marketing in to promote donor acquisition and retention for UNICEF Philippines.
- The role involves close collaboration and partnership with other members of the Private Fund raising and Partnerships Team and the Communication Section particularly on crafting and delivering a strategy for social media channels, the UNICEF website, and other digital communication plans.
- The post requires coordinating and implementing all digital fundraising plans and budgets with suppliers, digital agencies, and the wider PSFR and Regional Support Centre.
- The post is also responsible for optimizing the digital elements of all fundraising activities to promote donor acquisition and retention as well as developing new digital fundraising and communication initiatives and implementing these to achieve income, donor acquisition and retention targets. The post entails analyzing and preparing reports on the performance of digital and online activities and initiatives.
Under the general guidance of the Fundraising Officer, the post shall undertake the following:
- Maximizing digital channels: In consultation with the supervisor, contributes to the development of a) effective digital fundraising, donor acquisition and communication strategic plans and budgets across a variety of media and techniques; and b) digital approaches to donor management and donor retention / upgrade. Continuously monitor performance and recommend ways to improve performance.
- Digital strategy implementation: Implement the day-to-day digital fundraising and communication plan according to agreed strategy, timelines and budgets. Organize and make arrangements with contractors, suppliers and relevant personnel within and/or outside the office to develop and implement digital activities i.e. SEM/SEO, e-mail marketing, analytics, donor acquisition campaigns, donor cultivation campaigns, donor retention campaigns, social media marketing, website improvements etc.
- Social media and digital partnerships: Provide support to the rest of PSFR on digital activities and assist in ensuring the team applies best practice to all digital work. Assist in roll out of digital emergency fundraising campaigns, developing creative for digital campaigns, building the impact of social media for advocacy and fundraising and in developing digital partnerships for fundraising.
- Reporting and nitor, analyze and report on the performance of each digital activity and prepare presentations on income, expenditure and budgets. Performs other assigned duties as required, from time to time.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in Communication, Social Sciences, Marketing, Business or any other relevant field of discipline
- At least six years relevant work experience in any of the following: digital and social media campaigns, resource mobilization, marketing, advertising, customer loyalty, and related fields.
- Use of content management systems, e-mail broadcasting to and analytics packages.erience in any of following fundraising areas i.e. online strategy, web development, relationship marketing/eCRM, search marketing, integrated media planning, and marketing communications.
- Background in private sector fundraising for a not-for profit organization is a plus.