Mexico CO has a fundraising operation focus on pledge with an increased number of donors (close to 60 thousand) and expected to keep increasing at a double-digit rate annually in coming years. The number of suppliers (F2F Agencies, Call Centers, Online Payment Gateways, etc.) doing donor´s acquisition has increased in numbers with the subsequent growing complexity in terms importation of donor´s data into our database system. The inclusion of security measures in hand with new standards required by UNICEF made these processes even more complex and sophisticated. The number and the complexity of fundraising analysis and the need of having real time information for decision making is transforming the way UNICEF uses the information to achieve the complex goals we’re setting to help most of vulnerable children.
In addition, the current processes implied in bank reconciliation requires a cross checking and data validation between the donor´s management system (currently Donor Perfect) and different bank statements. This operation falls in the database assistant.
Under the direct supervision of the Fundraising Specialist (NO-C) and in close collaboration with the different functional areas of the private sector fundraising (PSFR) team, such as offline & online acquisition, cultivation & retention, this post undertakes the administration and control of the well-functioning of the donors´ database, this includes as one of the main task the efficient process of debiting donations to ensure income of the Mexican office. It ensures a timely and efficient processing of Donor Perfect as well as performs relevant database administration tasks related to the implementation of the fundraising plans in the Mexico Country Office.
How can you make a difference?
Database security and confidentiality procedures.
- Ensure the correct functioning of Donor Perfect Online and other systems to manage the data of donors and supporters.
- Ensure the process of credit/debit card charges of individual donors (pledge and one-off givers).
- Ensure the implementation of database security and confidentiality procedures and periodical process to guarantee database integrity
- Controls and guide the right process of donors´ information between UNICEF and selected suppliers and/or teams.
- Performs segmentation of the database according to different criteria to allow the implementation of different communications targeted to different donors´ groups.
- Ensure the security and safety of donor's data and individual giving environment and infrastructure.
- Monitor, assess and verify the use of Database resources to ensure compliance as well as manage Database incidents or problems and monitor risks and threats to donor's data. Take appropriate action and inform management.
- Verifies and cross checks that income in bank statements coincides with income registered in the Database System (currently Donor Perfect).
- Prepares reports and develop dashboards (Power BI or other systems) for further analysis and develop new reports according to fundraising analytic needs. Donors´ analytics is essential for right decision making. Reports and Dashboards need to be, preferably, real time based.
Provide help, support and assist with capacity building and knowledge management.
- Provide technical and operational support to end-users and /or to partners and vendors.
- Offer or coordinate training workshops or clinics to build end-users capacity or to introduce new solutions and services.
- Share local experience and lessons learned with other offices, the regional office and PFP GVA.
- Support and look for opportunities to improve productively, efficiency, effectiveness and foster innovation.
- Support the planning, organization and implementation of capacity building and knowledge management initiatives to enhance staff competencies
- Effective collaboration with PFP team and other MCO’s areas (ICT) for efficient working processes, advisory functions and general database support.
Ensure that administrative tasks and responsibilities are effectively carried out and delivered.
- Assist in the analysis of vendors & preparation of contracts related with Database;
- Support supply area in establishing of local LTAs for services and products related with the Database operation;
- Follow up administrative procedures and establish/maintain up-to-date documentation in accordance with UNICEF rules.
- Assist in the preparation of the PSP work plan. Prepare periodic and ad-hoc reports and documents
- Lead internal database meetings with focus on deadlines, drawbacks and progresses of the database plan.
Monitoring providers practices and industry trends
- Look after and promote innovation and efficiencies and work closely with other Individual Giving areas to facilitate proper implementation.
- Study and understand the PFP business requirements to improve the delivery of results.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
Education: A university degree in in computer sciences, marketing, database administration or another related field.
Experience: 1 year of relevant professional work experience in database management and administration with focus on fundraising. Data mining and analysis experience is an asset.
Language: Fluency in Spanish and English.