Fund Raising Specialist (Emergency Fundraising - High Value Audiences)
UNICEF, Geneva, Switzerland
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Job:
- The role will ensure that High Value income streams optimize and maximize all opportunities around emergency fundraising with a special focus on income and influence. The role will work closely with the PFP Global Philanthropy and Business Partnership units to ensure alignment and coordination. The incumbent will also consider potential innovative insights and comparators’ approaches to influence and drive relationships with prospects and partners. The role will be a key player within the emergency fundraising unit working very closely with the other members of the team, (Marketing Advisor and Knowledge Management and Capacity Building to ensure optimization of relevant synergies and an integrated approach).
How can you make a difference?
Maximizes the volume of emergency fundraising revenue
- Develops High Value income streams engagement propositions to grow and maximize the value of Business and Global Philanthropy partnerships as well as Foundations in relation to humanitarian crises;
- Influences and supports co-design and co-creation processes with relevant internal and external stakeholders, with the close involvement of prospects and partners;
- Ensures priority markets get regular best-in-class technical support on emergency fundraising;
- Drives optimization of opportunities through an integrated approach and coordination with the emergency fundraising team, leveraging on the marketing perspective, field intelligence and data analysis and other resources that might help to grow the value of the partnership;
- As part of the emergency fundraising team and of the PSFR emergency task force, acts as central leadership giving focal point for emergency responses, field intelligence.
Maximizes the quality of emergency fundraising revenue
- Develops and promotes cases for support for quality humanitarian funding –
- Monitors and analyses leadership giving revenue ensuring revenue remittances follow seamless and efficient attribution processes both at market and central level.
- The Fund Raising Specialist (Emergency Fundraising - High Value Audiences) will play a key role in maximizing global PSFP revenue by unlocking the full potential of emergency fundraising appeals and campaigns across leadership giving audiences (Business Partners and Global Philanthropy), in relation to both sudden onset disasters and protracted crises. The core of the function will positively impact the performance of Business Partners and Global Philanthropy Units both at HQ and at market level, while also consolidating best practices and ensuring quality funding.
Estimated Duration of the contract:
The Emergency Fundraising Manager
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree is required in one of the following fields: Business Administration, Social sciences, Economics, Marketing, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in fundraising (commercial or non-commercial business development, marketing, Major gifts or high value relationship management or other related fields) is required.
- Good commercial awareness and proven business acumen.
- Proven record of accomplishment of working to deadlines.
- Capacity to work in teams, under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and to establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Adherence to UNICEF’s core values; diversity and inclusion, Integrity and Commitment.
- Strong Communication skills and ability to work well with people.
- Proven ability to coordinate complex, multi-million-dollar programs and work with senior level management.
- Thorough and current knowledge of Corporate Fundraising and Major Donors trends across multiple markets.
- Demonstrated ability to devise, plan, develop and implement strategies and projects.
- Proven ability to deliver to targets and demonstrated experience of results-based management.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and communicate ideas effectively.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to manage multiple priorities
- Fluency in English is required. Excellent oral and writing skills require.
- Fluency in another UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is considered an asset.