Fundraising and Office Communications Coordinator
Blossom Trust, Tamil Nadu, India
Closing Date for Applications:
Blossom Trust is welcoming a highly motivated and creative Fundraising and Office Communications Coordinator Intern. The ideal candidate will be able to create and implement a successful fundraising strategy and communication strategy (70%) and be in charge of maintaining office operations (30%). In this position you will be the right hand to the Director and expected to be on top of all operations within the organization. Alongside the Project Coordinators and the Grant Coordinator the candidate will also be working on project development and grant writing.
It is important that you have analytical and problem-solving skills, a strong attention to detail and are able to work under pressure with minimum supervision. You will work in a small team, but be primarily self-directed and adaptable to ever-changing situations.
The successful candidate will be primarily based in Virudhunagar, Tamil Nadu. On occasion we agree for you to work remotely throughout India. Our team works on a full-time basis from 10:00 pm - 6:00 pm Monday to Saturday. Your work schedule is flexible depending on you and your time management skills. We ask for a minimum commitment of 3 months. Longer stays are welcome, please state your preference in the cover letter.
- Your task will be to create and implement a successful fundraising strategy and maintain donor relations, as well as to create content for our Social Media pages and website.
- Fundraising: Raise funds through online crowdfunding platforms and Social Media accounts and identify fundraising opportunities
- Donor relations: Maintain donor relations and strategize to increase our donor base
- Website and Social Media: keep media up to date and create communications strategies
- Administration: act as administrative assistant for the director of Blossom and maintain files and online database
- Grant proposal Writing: To develop a proposal for the assigned project you must familiarize yourself with our programs, goals and financial needs as well as current trends and best practices in the development field. Then assist with grant writing. Identify relevant funding opportunities, flag requests for proposals and other grant opportunities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree. Ideally in Communications, International Development, Global Health or a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of Fundraising and Social Media
- Experience in organising and prioritising work
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive
- Strong writing and research skills
- Effective team player with the ability to work and think independently, and to be resourceful and proactive.
- Adaptable, patient, respectful of diversity and cultural differences
- Proficiency in English
- Masters degree
- Understanding of website development and maintenance
- Experience living in a developing country
- Demonstrated interest in India
- Demonstrated interest in International development
- Demonstrated interest in HIV/AIDS or tuberculosis prevention
- Demonstrated interest in Environmental and agricultural sustainability
- Demonstrated interest in Women’s rights or children’s rights