UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope.
Under the supervision of the Fundraising Officer, the incumbent will assist in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluating of the fundraising cultivation and retention strategy. The main purpose of the post is to assist in the attracting and cultivating long term relations with donors to secure and increase a sustainable source of income and to develop and maintain statistical donor data.
How can you make a difference?
- Assist in the implementation of the cultivation strategy for house list pledge donors: Assists in the definition of the objectives, strategies, contents, design, components and timing of the different activities and campaigns (short line and circle).
- Assist in the implementation of the cultivation strategy for house list by follow up the design, production of printed and digital material.
- Monitoring and evaluation: in coordination with call centers, agencies, couriers and other partners, follows up donations and information request from house list donors. Quality assurance of the data collection for cultivation purposes.
- Gather relevant information to support the cultivation strategy: projects information, testimonies, pictures, programme implementation data from UNICEF officers and assistants for accountability and inform donors in the framework of the cultivation strategy.
- Periodic report preparation and analyze/adjust strategy and actions: collects information mainly form DP System and other internal records to prepare reports to be used on PSFR activities, such as attrition, fulfilment, delivery and other reports. Identify new practices that could be introduced or suggest modifications to improve the cultivation strategy.
- Assist in administrative matters such as, update the allies' information, contacts update; follow up of payments, preparation of events and documents relative to campaigns, among others.
- Maintain reports updated and the flow of on-going administrative activities and other routing matters.
- Perform filing functions, in support of functional area of assignment and other duties as requested.
- Coordination is an important requirement in performing the duties of the post. The position will have to coordinate with his/her supervisor, CO PFP team and local suppliers the execution of the existing activities platform but will also generate new initiatives and activities in order to assure the fundraising growth and the achievement of the yearly objectives.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education. Studies in finance & business administration, marketing or related fields desirable.
- Experience: A minimum of five years of progressively experience in marketing, promotional, after sales service, customer relationship management, client retention, fundraising.
- Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Spanish is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French or Russian ) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate
- UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness
- Works Collaboratively with others
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships
- Innovates and Embraces Change
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
- Drives to achieve impactful results
- Manages ambiguity and complexity