Based mainly at the headquarters of the NGO (unless remote working), you will be part of the Business Analysts team we currently have for one of CartONG’s main partner, and you will also contribute to smaller projects with GIS assessments. Key responsibilities include communication and networking, requirements gathering and analysis, translating needs to concrete ideas and potential activities, coordinating and supporting needs assessment, implementing projects.
You will play a critical role in helping CartONG’s humanitarian and development partners express their needs, to suggest them and to test solutions. In complex organization such as our main partner, organization’s adaptability, agility, and ability to manage constant change through innovation can be keys to success. You will have a central role for translating requesters’ needs into already existing, or new products or services of our portfolio. You will support and make the process more efficient and effective. You will be in front-line for the technical support to field staff.
In this context, your assignments are:
- Responsible for gathering, analyzing and specifying requirements from end-users in order to define the best suitable solution.
- Providing a support service for GIS-related questions from the end users
- Assess and understand partner’s needs, suggest the best way to geo-enable data
- Be responsible for the outreach on GIS within the organization, through meetings, internal meeting days, events
- In collaboration with the communication officer and the change manager, define a communication plan for GIS products
- Contribute to the documentation toward the end-users on different GIS topics (user documentation, tutorials…)
- Improve the trainings offers and materials based on new products or processes
- Work closely with the technical lead on technical topics
- Participate to the mapping/GIS support: answer requests, keep improving the products and the processes as well as the quality control process
- Implement projects in GIS and Mobile Data Collection (technically and methodologically): assess needs, design forms/ analysis tool, conceive and provide trainings, ensure regular remote support to CartONG’s partners, test new features, etc.
- Conducting field missions (trainings, project implementation)
- Technology watch for future developments in GIS, IM, BI, MDC …
- Technical support for different tasks: from graphics to data management through maps production, when emergencies require it
- Participate to activities supporting CartONG's associative mission whenever possible and relevant: exchanges with the Board and other members including during get-togethers and green days, involvement in internal trainings, support to volunteer projects, support to projects concerning the whole organization
- Contribute to events and workshops organized by CartONG such as the GeOnG forum
- Participate proactively to the association's communication by writing news, blog posts and other products, as well as representing CartONG during tech-oriented and/or humanitarian events and conferences
- You will travel regularly to Geneva and other HQ locations, and might be deployed periodically for short field missions. The position requires availability and flexibility, two characteristics inherent in the context of emergency humanitarian organizations (late work, rush situations).
Qualification: Engineer Master’s Degree or equivalent in GIS or computer science
Experience: 3 to 5 years in GIS with min. 1 year in a Business Analyst position
- Previous experience in the humanitarian and/or development sector (NGO, UN, etc.) will be considered a strong asset for this position.
Professionnal Skills & Knowledge
- Good knowledge of the wide range of GIS solutions: from mapping to servers through web mapping and database management
- Ability to quickly understand partners’ needs in order to translate them into requirements and to enjoy finding the best technical solution, including benchmarking & testing
- Strong relational skills allowing you to interact with a wide range of actors and units within the partners’ organization (technical, communication, management, etc.)
- Aspiration to maintain a deep awareness of IT/GIS industry and business environment to understand risks and enable business innovation and growth
- Languages requirements: Good level in French and English required (min. B2)
- Good project management skills: setting and following deliverables, prioritization of tasks, ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, budget overseeing, reporting. **
- Excellent organization skills and autonomy: capacity to understand problems and take decisions, proven track record of delivery on commitment
- Strong ability to work within a team, capacity to overcome challenges and find ways around constraints. -
- Excellent initiative capacity and ability to balance short-term technical choices with a long-term vision of developments
- Quality-oriented personality with focus on permanent improvement of processes
- Ability to communicate on applications, technical modules and implementation details to different audiences: users, technical people and project managers
- Interest & understanding of the working context in the humanitarian and social sector: multicultural environment, sometimes working non-standard hours (evening or weekend activities), ever-changing environment with high constraints requiring a high level of adaptability