PURPOSE/SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE OF THE ACTIVITY
The purpose of this consultancy is to provide technical support to the WHO Country Office COVID-19 Incident Management Team through multisource surveillance and information management for Malaysia, Brunei Darussalam and Singapore.
METHODS TO CARRY OUT THE ACTIVITY
Under the supervision of the WHO Country Representative, and the guidance by the WHO Incident Manager and the Information Management Pillar lead, the consultant is assigned all or part of the following responsibilities:
- Monitor, compile and disseminate media articles, press statements and other sources of relevant information.
- Extract, validate and enter daily epidemiologic data relevant for GIS mapping, including but not limited to number of active cases at the district level, clusters of COVID-19 cases and movement control order implementation areas.
- Conduct mapping of surveillance and program data using geographical information system (GIS) software, compile information on transmission clusters and track information on special interest areas including spot maps for COVID-19, as well as for polio and other diseases upon need.
- Assist in the production of Situational Reports and Situational Update presentation materials.
- Participate in and brief epidemic situations at regular Incident Management Team meetings of COVID-19 in Malaysia, Brunei Darussalam and Singapore.
- Assist in generating electronic and hard copy WHO office filing system, library and draft standard operating procedures on filing and library documentation.
- Using GIS as a framework for gathering, managing, and analyzing data to produce maps and other graphic displays of geographic information for analysis and presentation for the WCO IMST
- Other duties as needed.
- At least twice weekly COVID-19 case distribution maps for weekly situation reports of the COVID-19 situation
- Presentation of media monitoring reports at least twice weekly
- Draft supporting content for weekly situation reports for Malaysia, Brunei Darussalam and Singapore
- Notes on additional duties
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Essential: University degree in health or social sciences or related field. An advanced degree (Master level or above) in public health or epidemiology is an asset. GIS qualification is required.
Essential: A minimum of one year of relevant experience in public health or related field, particularly data management, maintenance of databases and use of geographical information systems software in the context of prior training. Experiences in disease surveillance and programme monitoring is an asset.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Data management and management of data bases for project monitoring
- Use of GIS software applications
- Good communication skills, including written and verbal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team with limited supervision
- Writing skills for technical documentation
- Proficient in written and spoken English and Malay (Read ‐ Write ‐ Speak / Expert or Intermediate).