UNV, Goma, Congo
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
- 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of GIS, duties of the GIS Specialist will include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in timely preparation, maintenance and provision of geographic information and maps in support of the mission’s operations;
- Collect, process and evaluate geographic data, including vector, raster and thematic data;
- Compile large-scale operation maps and small-scale briefing/report maps;
- Archive mission geographic data and maintain and update geo-database system;
- Assist in providing geographic information training and education programmes for mission staff;
- Participate in field recognizance survey, road assessment and preparation of reports;
- When working with (including supervising) national staff or (non-)governmental counterparts, the incumbent is strongly encouraged to set aside dedicated time for capacity development through coaching, mentoring and formal and on-the-job training;
Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level:
Bachelor degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Geography, GIS and/or related field
24 Months Experience remark:
- 2 years experience in GIS and geo-spatial related information technology are required;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge.