Governing Bodies Officer(s) (1 position)
International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), Rome, Italy
Closing Date for Applications:
Key results respected/major functional activities
- Governing Bodies Administration:The Governing Bodies Officer prepares agendas for sessions of IFAD¿s Governing Bodies; organizes and attends planning meetings, and prepares the minutes thereof. S/He substantively reviews documentation being submitted to the Fund's governing bodies and liaises directly with document originators with respect to deadlines for submission, content, consistency and style of official documentation. As requested, the Officer formulates the President's talking points and draft Chairperson¿s opening and closing statements and scripts, decisions and deliberations documents and other documentation required for governing body sessions, for approval by the Supervisor and the Secretary.
- Research and analysis: The Governing Bodies Officer coordinates and/or conducts research on and analysis of past Governing Body decisions and deliberations, identifying viable options, recommending solutions to issues and ensuring appropriate follow-up including flagging all matters requiring escalation. S/He may also conduct research and provide relevant statistical information, projections, trends and scenarios to form the basis of draft policy and strategy papers. S/He may assist with policy planning tasks related to the core functions of the Office of the Secretary; formulate draft strategies; propose policy options on how to address immediate and long range challenges; identify emerging issues; analyse implications and make recommendations on possible strategies and policies.
- Logistical support:The Governing Bodies Officer, in collaboration with colleagues in the Office, (a) develops and maintains a user-friendly tracking system for items for future consideration / IFAD's commitments towards its governing bodies, taking full responsibility for those of specific committees/working groups as assigned by the Supervisor and (b) ensures that all logs and follow-up systems for matters coming in and out of the Governing Bodies Office are established and followed, ensures timely provision of statistical information on key performance indicators relative to the work of the governing bodies office, as assigned by the Supervisor. S/He works collaboratively to establish modalities for streamlining the work of the office including through research on best practices of other international financial institutions and United Nations agencies and make recommendations to the Supervisor.
- Managerial functions: Is accountable for integrity, transparency, and equity in the personal use of assigned IFAD resources, including equipment, supplies and, as applicable, staff supervised.
- Advanced university degree from an accredited institution in management, business administration, international relations, law or other job-related field. A first level university degree from an accredited institution in the above-mentioned areas in combination with at least four (4) additional years of relevant professional experience over and above the below-mentioned years of progressively responsible professional experience, may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience working on administrativeand policyissues inan international setting, with aparticular focus on diplomatic relations, substantive organization of multilateral meetings, conferences and seminars, research,analysis andwriting. Experience in a multi-cultural organization or national organization providing support on a global scope is an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Working knowledge of another official language (Arabic, French, or Spanish) is desirable.