Govi-Altai AP Manager
World Vision, Mongolia
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Start, lead and develop Area Program (AP), or multiple area programmes, through managing thorough planning, relationship building with local stakeholders, and ensuring staff team accountability and effectiveness, resulting in a community-based program/s that enhance children’s well-being, focused on the most vulnerable, and leads to sustainable change.
- Provides strong and positive leadership to the AP ensuring competent and motivated staff are hired and retained and high-performers identified and nurtured.
- Supports professional and personal development of AP staff, with an emphasis on-the-job coaching and facilitating ongoing action learning and reflection.
- Reviews the staff development plans on an annual basis cross checking it with NO integrated competency development plans.
- Conducts frequent conversations with staff to support their performance and development ensuring WV’s performance management processes are followed.
- Ensures staff wellbeing and security is supported and promoted.
- Assists, when required, in Country strategy development.
- Facilitates and supports team understanding and mapping of potential partners, and building of collaborative relationships with local government and other community stakeholders.
- Provides strategic leadership and facilitation support for partnership brokering processes and relationships between WV technical programs and local working groups, and overall coordination amongst all projects within the area program.
- Creates and maintains effective working relationships with the Sponsorship, HEA, Integrated Programming, and all sectors and department/units to enhance program team effectiveness.
- Attends devotions and weekly chapel services and support spiritual development of his/her team.
- Identifies new partners within and outside the community and identifies how these partners can work together towards shared priorities for child well-being.
- Takes a lead role in advocating/promoting the organization and stakeholder transformation according to organization’s vision and core values.
- Oversees and ensure locally owned plans are developed using WV’s development programme approach & incorporating technical programmes that are relevant to the programming area.
- Lead the AP team to have effective community engagement and mobilization process with the aim of ensuring community ownership by forming/building/strengthening CSO/CBO/Committees
- Supports, as required, to develop the technical programme design.
- Negotiates with the Technical Programme Managers on a realistic local implementation plan, including budget and technical support as required.
- Ensures an effective and efficient monitoring system is in place which is owned and used by community and local stakeholders and also provides information to meet WV requirements.
- Collates & supply monitoring data to Region and NO on TP standardised indicators.
- Manages effective monitoring at AP level quarterly, semi and annual basis ensuring alignment data on Horizon.
- Ensures monitoring information is used to improve programme performance and made available for technical programme reports.
- Contributes to technical programme evaluations as requested.
- Supports NO initiatives such as Sponsorship Single User Interface, Horizon TFE, LEAP 3 processes.
- Ensures RC inclusion in TP & CESP planning that all the Registered Children participating in the Programme/Activity every quarter.
- Ensures sponsorship is integrated in programming and implementation of integrated monitoring plan
- Works closely with the Sponsorship Manager and team on all aspects of sponsorship administration and multi-year plans.
- Leads planning of child selection as part of program/SIP design process.
- Ensures all RC are monitored in accordance to WVI standards.
- Ensures sponsorship messaging integrated with WV messaging as part of Who Are We?
- Ensures delivery of Sponsorship Communication and Media, in timely and with Quality manner in working closely with the AP team.
- Ensures staff and partners understand WV child protection policy.
- Ensure efforts are taken to respond promptly and appropriately to incidents.
- Ensures AP supports awareness raising for prevention and reporting of child protection incidents occurs across the program area.
- Ensures that children are involved in age-appropriate ways in all aspects of the programme.
- Promotes establishment of children rights networks and support policy that seeks to change structures and systems that jeopardize the right of children in coordination with advocacy.
- Builds and maintains relationships with other NGOs, local government officials, local churches, and community leaders in the area programme.
- Builds strategic collaborations for local programmes.
- Engages in advocacy and represent AP.
- Ensures programme priorities and approaches are aligned with community, partners & NO strategies and standards.
- Involves Support Office partners in key events/ milestones of the program.
- Submit proposals for startup funding and preposition WV Mongolia to address child wellbeing issues in the rural/urban
- Coordinate and support GAM & NRD team on development of quality proposals/ concepts to contribute towards wellbeing of MVC within target area.
- Guide and direct to mobilize resources effectively and efficiently
- Ensure corporate and other private donor engagement
- Support NO level fund raising initiatives such as Local sponsorship, M2M etc
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Minimum education, training, and experience requirements to qualify for the position
- Minimum of three years of management experience. Experience in development programmes is preferred.
- Experience in program assessment, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, report writing and emergency response is preferred.
- Bachelor degree is essential, bachelor degree in a field related to Development, Management, Economic or Social Sciences is preferred. (Master degree is an advantage).
- Strong skills in data analysis, research work and community based programs
- Strong organizational and management skills, with a proven track record of managing a team
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good verbal and written skills is essential, English is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office, knowledge of Lotus Notes is preferred
- Ability to demonstrate servant leadership and foster a team oriented atmosphere
- Integrity, honesty, and accountability to both the team and the community
- Team builder
- Able to make quick decisions as needed
- Strong facilitation skills
- Understanding of and commitment to World Vision Core Values
- Driving license is preferred