PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Support priority Field Offices (FOs) to grow institutional grant resources.
- Manage a coordinated strategy process for grant acquisition across priority donors. Support the development, writing and submission of quality grant proposals.
- Deliver capacity building support (operational and strategic capacity) to enhance grant acquisition and management (GAM) specifically on EU, German and other European bilateral donors.
- Donor engagement at field levels.
- Support assessing partnerships with local and international NGOs and key stakeholders.
- Support troubleshooting during implementation grant funded projects.
The ‘Grant Acquisition and Management Hub’ is a virtual team of people within the Regional Office (RO), Support Offices (SOs) such as World Vision Germany and Field Offices (FOs) working together for improved bilateral government, multilateral, major foundation and, sometimes private sector grant acquisition and management. The Regional Resource Development Unit and World Vision Germany are working very closely around Grant Acquisition and Management Hub (GAM) matters and therefore it was decided to set up such as position that would work towards this common goal. The GAM Program Officer proactively targets prioritised funding opportunities that will advance partnering Field Office and WV Germany strategies. Therefore, the position will lead capacity assessment where needed, donor engagement/pre-positioning, proposal development and also assist in the development/establishment of processes to enable successful Grants Acquisition.
Priority Field Offices (FO): Syria Response sub-region (focus on Syria and Jordan), Lebanon, Iraq, JWG and to smaller extent Afghanistan.
- Strategic engagement and communication between World Vision offices and teams towards achieving improved grants acquisition.
- Map and manage donor landscape analysis, plans and meetings; especially with ECHO, EU, German government donors, and other European bilateral donors.
- Grants Acquisition:
- Support the development of Grant Acquisition Management Business Plans, including analysis to set targets.
- Provide strong analysis of donor Calls for Proposals.
- Lead and ensure proposal are developed based on evidence, at timely manner and with donor alignment; apply timely best practices to the bid preparation process, ensure efficient teamwork, and a quality output.
- Support that cost recovery in each grant.
- Apply best standards for advancing local partnerships and consortia building; including facilitation of the partner assessment processes.
- Advice on donor relationship, and elevate WV’s profile. Support to foster donor relationships at Head Quarter level (BMZ, GoG), through direct communication with WV Germany.
- Support networking and participation in relevant meetings at regional and national level.
Grants Management & Quality:
- Facilitate grant start up meetings/workshops and share lessons learned and experiences.
- Support NOs in analyzing their performance and portfolio management to strengthen donor pre-position and identify strategic priorities.
- Convey to field offices expertise in specific donor relations, donor requirements, and grant processes through a combination of coaching, mentoring and more formalized training, including mentoring FOs staff with on available e-training applications.
- Regional representation/key relationships:
- Represent World Vision in the grants community fora (internally and externally).
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned by the Regional Director RDU.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Relevant undergraduate degree (e.g. international or development studies; economics; social science disciplines; etc) is essential;
- Postgraduate qualifications or relevant technical/vocational studies – Desirable
- Minimum five years’ experience with government and multilateral organization’s procedures and regulations;
- Minimum five years’ experience in successful proposal writing and management of proposal development teams, preferred European and German government donors;
- Experienced networker with an ability to maintain a good up to date knowledge of the grant opportunities and trends in the humanitarian sector; demonstrable prior successes in grant submissions/tendering
- Fluency in written and spoken English, German language is an asset.
- EU work permit is an asset.