Blossom Trust is welcoming a highly motivated Grant Coordinator Intern to help us target regional growth opportunities for our services, develop strategies, and implement various projects in line with our goals in Tamil Nadu. We are looking for someone with a basic knowledge of the project life-cycle to support the development of public health proposals targeting marginalized rural populations in India. At the moment our priority projects are in the areas of HIV, Tuberculosis, and Diabetes with a focus on the empowerment of women and girls. Any specific experience in these areas is preferred but not required. You will work alongside the Fundraising and Office Communications Coordinator, the Project Coordinator and the director of Blossom Trust, Mercy Annapoorani.
As we are a local NGO with resource limitations, candidates must be flexible and ready to take on other responsibilities as needed. Candidates will work in a small team but will need to be able to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
The successful candidate will be primarily based in Virudhunagar, Tamil Nadu. On occasion we agree for you to work remotely throughout India. Our team works on a full-time basis from 10:00 pm - 6:00 pm Monday to Saturday. Your work schedule is flexible depending on you and your time management skills. We ask for a minimum commitment of 3 months. Longer stays are welcome, please state your preference in the cover letter.
- As Grant Coordinator you will be part of the team that is in charge of creating new projects, overseeing the current running projects and the evaluation of completed projects. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Research: Identify gaps and possible opportunities in the region. To develop a proposal, you must familiarize yourself with the foundation's goals and with our project’s financial needs. You will need to stay up to date on current best practices in the development field.
- Analyse: Assess current and past projects to identify areas of improvement or ways to expand current projects with additional funding.
- Report Writing: Prepare concept papers, letters of inquiry, donor reports, proposals and project outlines.
- Best practices: Collect best practices and lessons learnt from previous proposals and current literature on grant writing, to improve future proposals.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Monitoring and evaluating projects success and making the necessary changes, researching successful project implementation methods and incorporating them
- Donor relations: Support Fundraising and Office Communications Coordinator in creating and maintaining crowdfunding projects and communication strategies.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree. Ideally in Project Management, International Development, Global Health or a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of the project cycle
- Experience in organising and prioritising work
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive
- Strong writing and research skills
- Effective team player with the ability to work and think independently, and to be resourceful and proactive.
- Adaptable, patient, respectful of diversity and cultural differences
- Proficiency in English
- Masters degree
- Experience with grant writing
- Experience living in a developing country
- Demonstrated interest in India
- Demonstrated interest in International development
- Demonstrated interest in HIV/AIDS or tuberculosis prevention
- Demonstrated interest in Environmental and agricultural sustainability
- Demonstrated interest in Women’s rights or children’s rights