URPOSE OF POSITION
The Project coordinator fully handles the project implementation of the grant project that is funded by the European Union (EU) through World Vision Mongolia (WV MOG) and World Vision Germany/ Deutschland e.V (WV GER) at the community level and works with project other staff and field personnel, and local Community-based organizations (CSOs). And Project coordinator maintains strong relationship & partnering throughout the lifecycle of the project, ensuring the donor visibility and reporting requirements are met.
The Project aims to reduce COVID-19 adverse impacts and to promote inclusive and equitable protection, livelihood, health, and nutrition opportunities for the most vulnerable households, especially mothers and children, through strengthened Local CSOs and increased collaboration with Local Authorities.
- Coordinate the implementation, and monitoring of the project at the project target areas with local government units, Community based Organizations community, inter-agency network, and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate consultative planning, reflection, and feedback with project stakeholders.
- Facilitate the project approaches of Health & livelihood cooperating with key stakeholders and project beneficiaries
- Spent project budgets efficiently in consultation with key partners for management and donor approval and ensure funds are spent in alignment with budgets on time.
- Ensure program expenditures, to ensure that they are within the project budget and under World Vision’s financial policies and donor’s (EU) requirements
- Ensure program accountability and sustainability drivers throughout program implementation
- Mobilize and support the creation, mobilization, and strengthening of community groups and key stakeholders which catalyze community engagement to improve child well-being
- Prepare the project documentation and reporting to ensure all required reports are submitted on time, accurate, and complete. This is including the provision of information for the monthly report, quarterly report, monitoring checklist, along with updated indicator tracking table and project documentation.
- Ensure timely completion of project Visibility Plan following EU requirements, prepare all necessary data and information in required formats.
PROJCET PLANNING, MONITORING AND REPORTING
- Monitor performance of contractors and subcontractors
- Lead effective monitoring at project target areas and collates & supply monitoring data to Project Lead, Grant Manager and World Vision technical programs
- High contribution to project reporting is developed to a high-quality standard and is engaging for donor audiences
- Ensures monitoring information is used to improve project performance and made available for technical program reports
- Contribute to Donor visibility plan is developed and implemented in line with donor requirements
- Supports, as required, to develop the grant project proposal & design
NETWORKING AND COORDINATION
- Identifies new partners within and outside the community and identifies how these partners can work together towards shared priorities for the project effectiveness
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with key stakeholders including local government officials, community leaders, Civil Society Organizations, and department/units to enhance program team effectiveness.
- Engages in advocacy and Communication staff
- Ensures program priorities and approaches are aligned with community, partners & donor’s requirement and standards
- Coordinate donors & partners in the project fields
- Contribute to the common goal and aspirations of the WVI Mongolia, be active member of the team
- Attends devotions and weekly chapel services and support spiritual development of his/her team.
- Ensures staff and partners understand WV safeguarding & anti-corruption policies
- Ensures project supports awareness raising for prevention and reporting of child protection incidents occurs across the project area
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Project Lead & Grant managers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- A Bachelor degree or Master’s degree in the field of Public relations and Social Sciences
- Relevant experience of project implementation or public health field is preferably
- Minimum qualification for this position
- Excellent at facilitation and organizing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, including reporting skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Initiative, ability to manage own time
- Experience to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Excellent command of English both written and spoken.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with strong technical skills in writing, interviewing
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- High passion and dedication to human beings, especially vulnerable people.
- Strong organizational and management skills, with a proven track record
- Integrity, honesty, and accountability to both the team and the community
- Able to make quick decisions as needed
- Adaptable for any new thing and initiatives
- Understanding of and commitment to World Vision Core Values
- Proven experience in crisis/risk communication
- Proven experience in writing project proposals
- Proven commitment to Christian values
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 30% of the time to rural areas