United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia, Beirut, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
Successful candidates will be placed on a roster to be assigned to design projects, as demands emerge.
Related objective is to develop concepts and process various types of material to be disseminated in a timely and effective manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform desktop publishing to produce a variety of print material and publications, using relevant computer systems and software applications
- Assist in the layout and preparation of information material
- Review and/or edit scripts and storylines to understand, create and edit animations as per requirements; prepare presentations with raw designs to clients, using relevant software and techniques
- Create models, drawings and illustrations by hand or electronically
- Develop storyboards for the initial stages of production, based on creativity and artistic techniques to tell a story or provide information in visual forms
- Join imaged with background graphic and special effects and ensure synchronization of frames and audio
- Assist with the scheduling of various components of the production process, such as copy and proofreading, graphics, translation services, typesetting, printing, etc.
- Liaise with relevant parties on job specifications and approval of mechanicals for dispatch, etc.
- Track and monitor the production flow to ensure that deadlines are met
- Perform other related work as required, including drawing paintings, computer animations, infographic and printmaking designs, books illustrations, creative writings, technical arts, installations and photography
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A first level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in fine arts is desirable.
- Knowledge of 2D/3D, computer-generated animation, CGI software (Photoshop, 3ds Max), Adobe Suite (adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects) is desirable.
- Experience: At least 3 years of experience in publication production, including desktop publishing, graphic design and layout, or related area is required.
- Experience in drawing computer animations, infographic and printmaking designs, books illustrations, art installations and photography or related areas is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English and Arabic is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.