United Nations Secretariat, New York, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the production of accessible and user-friendly (online) learning and guidance materials targeted at United Nations Finance staff, including the use of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign.
- Design and production of new info graphics and data visualization for new web pages and user guidance related to Umoja (the UN ERP) finance processes.
- Assists with the design and development of modern user interfaces for websites and mobile applications.
- Ensure that all design elements and templates work within the approved supported browser types and screen scale settings.
- Assist with playlists, maintenance, and front-end look of a knowledge management hub (in SharePoint), which contains Finance user guidance materials.
- Providing design expertise to set up visualization for the Umoja Finance MS Yammer network.
- Assist with user testing, surveys, beta testing of online learning and other evaluation processes. Perform quality control checks.
- Assist in posting visual designs and other information to the UN Knowledge Gateway web pages.
- Maintain UN visual brand consistently through concepts, layouts, typography, and imagery while following best-practice graphic design principles.
- Recommend improvements as needed for better user experiences
- Provide general graphics and communications support.
Academic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or other art and design-based subject
Experience: A minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in graphic design and development of web pages is required.
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in design components for learning materials across digital platforms (within branding guidelines) is required.
Language: Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.