Head of Private Sector Partnerships (0176)
Oxfam GB, Oxford, United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have experience in building transformational cross sector partnerships?
Do you have experience of developing new and innovative sustainability initiatives that deliver positive change for the poorest in society?
Do you have experience of leading teams to deliver commercial success?
If the answer is yes, then would like to hear from you!
- We are looking for a Head of Private Sector Partnerships who will lead Oxfam GBs partnerships team and business advisory service with the private sector to maximise the impact we have on poverty and injustice. You will lead strategic engagements with the private sector focused on key themes including gender, decent work and sustainable livelihoods.
- These will deliver significant value to Oxfam’s goals as well as private sector sustainability agendas. With two teams of talented and experienced individuals, you will have a great opportunity to make a major impact on the global challenges we are tackling.
What we are looking for
- You will have an excellent understanding of the corporate sustainability agenda and the role that cross sector partnerships can play in delivery change in policy and practice. With passion and commitment to tackling poverty and injustice, you will be determined and resilient in driving change and transformation both within Oxfam as well as externally in the private sector arena to deliver impact and income.
- With experience of leading teams, you will have the ability to manage complexity and work in an agile way to deliver results in a collaborative way.
- This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in the role the private sector plays in tackling poverty and injustice, to act as key contributor to Oxfam’s global strategy and to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields.
- We offer opportunities for personal development, fair pay and a competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
- Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Open ended
- Closing Date: 3 January 2020
How to apply
- Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
- Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.