DRC has been operating in Greece since November 2015, supporting the relevant Greek authorities through an integrated programming within reception facilities and access to rights for asylum seekers and refugees. DRC initially established its operation on Lesbos island while since March 2016 expanded its presence in the mainland of Greece, in response to the changing context and the build-up of refugee population in the country. DRC has its Country Office in Athens, while operational capacity is established through Sub-Offices in Attica (Athens), North Greece (Thessaloniki), Central Greece (Larissa) and Lesvos (Mytilene). DRC Greece operation has 315 staff and an annual budget of approximately 20 million EUR.
Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job
- DRC Greece is looking to recruit an experienced, highly qualified and enthusiastic professional to lead its Support Services, countrywide. The Head of Support Services has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country in line with the broader strategies of DRC in Europe, as established by the Europe Regional Office. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and technical guidance to the operation while overseeing support functions related activities. The Head of Support Services is a Senior Management Team (SMT) member and may represent DRC on behalf of the Country Director to authorities, UN agencies, other NGOs and Partners.
As Head of Support Services (HoSS), under the direct line management of the Country Director, you will:
- Conduct efficient management of all support functions of the operation: Finance, Human Resources, Supply Chain and Administration;
- Ensure compliance with DRC’s Code of Conduct in close coordination with the Senior Management Team (Heads of Departments, and Area Managers) and by directly managing the Accountability Officer;
- Ensure compliance with local legislation under full respect of the organization with the different legislation in effect in Greece;
- Leads the implementation and the use of the newly established DRC ERP system. We use a Microsoft Dynamics cloud solution;
- Establish and monitor implementation of relevant internal procedures and policies in all above areas of responsibility;
- Establish strategic directions in above areas of responsibility and leads organizational change.
- Ensure support for annual planning and review processes including regular follow up of the risk management framework;
- Supervision, audits and controlling and implementation of corrective actions related to DRC’s operational standards within support functions;
- Oversee the implementation and progress of Accountability mechanisms under the overall management of the Country Director and in close coordination with the Head of Programmes and other SMT members.
- Ensure that DRC retains and continually develops its operational capacity to provide rapid emergency response in particular within its procurement and logistics systems, as required.
To be successful in this role we expect you to be an exceptional leader and a supportive and collaborative colleague. You have worked in multinational and multicultural environment, so you have understanding for diversity in the working place. You have an analytical mindset and you are able to make decisions based on critical analysis at the same time considered the potential risks.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Minimum 7 years of senior leadership experience in operations management roles with at least 3 year of experience in a similar role;
- University degree in International Development, Economics, Political Science/ Public Affairs, Business Administration or Management, or another relevant field is required;
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management;
- Proven operational management experience and capability;
- Significant experience of grant management and understanding of institutional fund-raising;
- Proven significant financial management experience;
- Significant experience in procurement and tender processes;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with a well-developed ability to motivate and persuade at high levels;
- Full professional fluency in English (Greek language knowledge is an asset);
- Understanding of the current context in Greece;
- Excellent Computer Skills (MS Office, Internet) and an advanced proficiency in Excel are required;
- Previous experience with ERP systems is an asset.