Médecins Sans Frontières, Geneva, Switzerland
Closing Date for Applications:
- HERO is a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) developed in 2006 in close collaboration between MSF-Sweden and a Sweden-based company called Systemverkstan. It is offering modules for the management of recruitment, international field workers, domestic staff, training and association activities, as well as an online self-service portal for employees. The HERO software and web pages are hosted by MSF in a Microsoft Azure environment.
- HERO was in use in seven MSF entities at the end of 2019, and it is expected to be rolled-out in eight more entities over 2020 and the first quarter of 2021. This important expansion of HERO reinforced the need to boost the capacity for support that has historically been offered by MSF Sweden.
- A temporary HERO Advisor position was created at the end of March 2020, with the objective to define and implement a new governance model, all while coordinating roll-outs and functional/technical developments. In September 2020, the new governance model was approved and to the decision was made to create a permanent position of HERO Coordinator, funded by the HERO sections according to the allocation key approved by the Sponsors Platform.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
- The HERO Coordinator oversees all activities related to the development, support and maintenance of HERO for MSF, liaising with HERO users, governance bodies, service providers and relevant MSF international platforms/entities. They ensure that the development and use of HERO not only allow entities to meet their HR needs, but also support the MSF International HR strategy and policies, MSF’s social mission and that it is aligned with MSF’s principles and values.
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the primary point of contact for all matters related to HERO for MSF entities
- Ensure proper functioning of the governance model and propose adjustments when needed
- Coordinate HERO Sponsors Platform, Steering Committee and Super-Users’ Group according to the governance model
- Prepare Sponsors Platform meetings and Steering Committee meetings with Chair (agenda, presentation, meetings, etc.) and ensure follow-up (minutes, action plan follow-up, etc.)
- Coordinate Super-Users’ Group in identifying and prioritizing needs to enhance the use of HERO (user training, best practices, technical support, functional development, HR process & policy harmonization, etc.) and following-up on agreed actions
- Develop and manage tools to facilitate communication within and between HERO groups (e.g. Microsoft Teams, Planner, Polls, Sharepoint, Wiki pages, etc.)
- Engage other stakeholders as necessary (e.g. Information Systems Management platform, Data Protection Office, Legal Unit, International HR platforms, etc.)
- Manage the relationship with service providers (Systemverkstan and SITS) on behalf of MSF entities
- Develop and propose budget and cost allocation key(s) to Steering Committee and Sponsors Platform
- Manage budget and cost sharing between entities based on elements approved by Sponsors Platform
- Coordinate contracts and agreements on behalf of MSF entities at the direction of HERO Steering Committee with support of the IO Legal Unit
- Propose actions to improve data protection & information security around HERO to the Steering Committee and implement these, with the input of the ISM (Information Systems Management) platform, SITS, IO data protection team and Systemverkstan
- Ensure a robust support and maintenance model for HERO (e.g. analysis of training needs and recommendations to meet those, definition of clear roles and responsibilities for support between Super-Users/Systemverkstan/SITS, etc.)
- Coordinate roll-outs between MSF entities and support local project managers in the definition and execution of their plans
- Handle enquiries about HERO from MSF entities exploring HRIS possibilities to meet their HR needs
PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
- The HERO Coordinator reports to the Chair of the HERO Steering Committee (the HR Director or Deputy HR Director of one of the MSF entities using HERO). It is anticipated that the HERO Coordinator will be hosted by one of the HERO sections (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, UK, Brazil, Belgium, Italy, Austria, Canada, Hong Kong, Lebanon, South Korea, South Africa or the US) or any of the Operational Centres (France, Spain, the Netherlands, Switzerland or Belgium).
- Working experience in HR and HR Information Systems mandatory.
- Experience and knowledge in project management, including management of timelines, budget and resourcing mandatory.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, Teams)
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent leadership skills
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF
- MSF experience in Human resources a strong advantage
- Experience in managing international projects an advantage
- Strong team player with the ability and interpersonal skills to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Ability to set priorities and to meet deadlines under pressure
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Ability to move others towards a common vision or goal, without hierarchical links
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels in an organization, including the HERO Sponsors Platform composed of HR Directors
- Service and result oriented
- Self-driven with capacity to work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to work remotely and to travel internationally when possible
- Energetic, positive and open approach