HR and Administration officer
Danish Refugee Council , Dolo Ado, Djibouti
Closing Date for Applications:
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Working with the support of the finance and Administration coordinator /Area manager
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Ensure timely payment of office rent and utilities
- Ensure all office utilities and infrastructures are appropriate, safe and functioning (i.e. generator, security system, health and safety. communication & internets ,photocopies et c )
- Oversee all aspects of maintaining the DRC office inform the logistics of any repairs and /or service as required
- Manage the support staff ( office cleaner and cooks ,Guards)
Guest house and DRC – leased houses management
- Oversee all aspect of maintaining the DRC guest house and DRC leased houses
- Ensure rentals and all utilities are paid on timely basis
- Ensure all utilities and amenities are functioning at all times
- Act as focal point with landlords/property managers on day – to – day basis as necessary
- Make periodic visits to the guest house to check on status , and advise logistics as necessary
- Maintain a thorough Knowledge of DRC HR policies and ensure employee adherence.
- Act as focal point on all issues related HR policies, and educate staff on policies through staff meetings in the FO.
- Ensure personnel files are complete and accurate assuring adherence to highest level of confidentiality
- Maintain updated Job description database
- Oversee leave management ,maintain leave tracking ensuring complete documentation for all staff movement
- Assist in the recruitment process ensuring compliance to hiring procedures as outlined in the HR manual.
- Maintain tracking system of the recruitment process and compile monthly report on recruitment
- Facilitate the timely orientation of new staff
Management of HR processes:-
- Provide professional advice to project managers on a range of HR issues
- Ensure the performance management system is implemented on time.
- Assist in development of annual staff development plan
- Compile monthly report for submission to the finance and Administration coordinator
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience for degree and 4 years for diploma holder preferably with an INGO.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Be a team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Proficient in MS office
- Degree/Diploma in human resource, management, or relevant field
- Excellent verbal and written proficiency in,
- Amharic and