OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The WHO Global Service Centre (GSC), Malaysia provides specialized services to all staff and all WHO offices worldwide in respect of human resources, procurement, finance and support of corporate IT applications and infrastructure. The aim of the GSC is to provide the swift and reliable delivery of a comprehensive array of products and specialized services covering all these fields. The Global Human Resources (GHR) team within the GSC focuses on the execution of HR services on a global scale with the aim to provide reliable, efficient and consistent services as a one-stop-shop for all staff in WHO and partner agencies.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
This is one of several identical job descriptions at the GSC. Within the delegated authority, the incumbent is assigned all or part of the following responsibilities. However, staff may be reassigned to perform other duties within GHR as determined by the Coordinator, GHR which includes ad hoc assignments, reinforcing other teams or replacing other staff members as required.
Under the direct supervision of the Team Lead, the incumbent reviews and processes GHR transactions as follows:
- Appointment of locally recruited staff, conference staff with travel and professional staff appointed for 60 days or less without positions.
- Extension of temporary contracts of locally recruited staff.
- Acting arrangement with and without pay and extension of acting arrangements beyond one year.
- Processing of conversion of continuing appointments and issuance of appropriate letters to staff members.
- Review and administer change in Full Time Equivalent (FTE) including updating of FTE Special Information Tables (SITs) and leave and absence module, as appropriate and issuance of appropriate letters to staff members.
- Administer and prepare letters related to change in grade (reclassifications).
- Administer and prepare letters related to reassignment of staff members, without change in duty station (e.g. lateral transfer, promotions).
- Separation of locally recruited staff and administration of leave encashment.
- Review supporting documents, determine eligibility and administer language allowance and accelerated Within-Grade Increases (WIGIs).
- Process education grant final claims (except cases involving no pro-rata calculations or cases pertaining to staff on inter-agency transfers).
- Process statutory travels Travel Requests (TRs) and Retro-active Travel Claims (RTCs) (home leave, family visit, Rest & Recuperation (R&R) and education grant travel).
- Prepare letter and administer redeployment of staff within a country.
- Review supporting document and administer self-service requests, dependency related transactions, including change in personal status involving. - Domestic partnerships and same sex marriages, change in nationality, change in recognized place of residence and salary advance emergency.
- Administer planned and confirmed home leave, R&R leave, paternity leave, maternity leave, adoption leave, special leave with / without pay, leave without pay, including issuance of letters, as appropriate.
- Uploading all GHR transaction related supporting documents in the L Drive for Enterprise Content Management (ECM) upload.
- Updating the status of implementation in both electronic Service Level Agreement (eSLA) and HR Action Plan (HRAP).
- Essential: Completion of secondary school education or its equivalent.
- Essential: At least 5 years of relevant experience in HR management and/or administration.
- Desirable: Experience in the use of an ERP system such as Oracle.
- Good technical expertise in human resources.
- Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail.
- Good knowledge in the use of spreadsheet, word processing and web-based software.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented.
- Good analytical and general organizational skills.
- Sound judgement, integrity and tact when dealing with others.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to brief others and explain procedures.
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Producing results
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at MYR 50,770 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.