Norwegian Refugee Council, Goma, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
Reporting to the Head of support DR-Congo, you will be responsible to oversee, manage, develop and strengthen all HR and Admin functions in order to provide robust, efficient and effective Human Resources and Administration support to the NRC Country Programme in D R Congo. With a special focus on HR Strategy development, implementation of the Global Standards and initiatives at Country level (Recruitment, NRC People Management Systems, Talent Management, L&D initiative, Duty of care and PSEA).
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Support, you will be responsible for the following:
- Implementation of the Global Standards and initiatives at the DR-Congo Country Office (NRC People Management Systems, Talent Management, L&D initiative, Duty of care, PSEA).
- Ensure HR function is strategic; responsible for in country HR strategic priorities and pro-actively plan and feed into country wide strategies and plans, working closely with senior management and programs to ensure HR actively engages with the needs of the program; ensuring Area Offices are complying with NRC HR standards and procedures,
- Pro-actively working to support Area Managers and HR Coordinators in running an effective HR function in the Area Offices.
- Staff Care; Develop and implement a best-practice staff care program for all DR-Congo staff, ensuring adequate staff care systems are in place and implemented across the country.
- National staff development and capacity building focusing on new HR and Admin staff.
- Support and guidance to the international staff.
- Strengthen the recruitment processes ensuring adherence to the minimum standards.
- Strengthen training and inductions on boarding and off boarding.
- Improve the quality of Performance Management conducted by line managers across the country office (embedding a culture of performance).
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and among beneficiaries served by NRC
- Administration: Office and accommodation management: (offices, residences and guesthouse).
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a senior HR Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context; experience from working in complex and volatile contexts is an asset.
- Proven ability to interpret human resources procedures and standards and put them into practice and influence others in their implementation.
- Strong analytical and planning skills as well as be able to demonstrate experience of working with computerized HR systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to work as part of a dispersed, multi-disciplined and multi-cultural team.
- Sensitivity and champion to gender issues.
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal is required.
- National staff and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
- Good sense of humour.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust