All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
Our ideal candidate holds a College/diploma degree or equivalent . Have 3 years of experience with conducting,planing and coordinating training with high capability and skills to prepare the training content. We are looking for someone that will be able to handle high workload with minimum supervision. We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills, who is capable of working independently and self-starter.
In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
The role of HR Officer/Training is to support the effective operations of the NRC Staff Development unit and delivery of related training activities in all NRC Area locations.
- Update Training calendar for all scheduled workshops and trainings for the responsible area office.
- Plans, coordinates and facilitates Country refresher training initiatives at the Field Office including all mandatory trainings in line with the approved annual training calendar.
- Plans, schedules and arranges for induction of National staff in the Area Office.
- Ensure that all Line Managers discuss training needs and advise HR of their staff’s training needs.
- Compiles training needs as per Work Development plans in respective Area office.
- Facilitate additional internal approved trainings as needed in the Area i.e. CV writing skills, code of conduct, etc.
- Ensures proper tracking of training needs vs delivered trainings; provides periodic reports.
- Compile attendance of training matrix and update on a weekly basis.
- Search and compile information on available training opportunities to staff and providing necessary information on such opportunities.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- College/diploma degree or equivalent
- Years of Experience: 3
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social studies, Business studies or related field,
- Experience in delivering training to staff from a multi-cultural setting
- Experience of working within humanitarian context/INGO within the Middle Eastern region
- Experience using participatory learning approaches and familiarity with adult learning techniques required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and team work skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Good diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in English and Arabic (written/spoken)
- Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English.