Background Information - Job-specific
Under the guidance and supervision of the HR Officer, the Human Resources Assistant provides support to HR services in the Country and field office support services function, ensuring high quality of work, accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. The HR Assistant promotes a client-oriented and consistent with rules and regulations approach in the unit.
The HR Senior Assistant works in close collaboration with the Programme, Project and Support Services colleagues locally, with NPOH and UNOPS HQ colleagues, to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Support to policy development and implementation
- Contribute to HR policy development and corporate HR initiatives by assisting to collect data on trends, risks and opportunities and sharing local HR best practices.
- Assist with projects in support of HR initiatives for attainment of business objectives in line with the corporate HR strategy.
- Provide advice and guidance to personnel on administrative procedures, processes and practices for delivery of HR services.
- Act as liaison between unit and internal and external clients and provides proactive customer service to expedite completion of projects, and provide information.
- As an interlocutor of HR, ensure that new hires' first impressions are positive and that they have all in-processing information completed.
- Advise hiring management and guide personnel on routine elements of UNOPS recruitment and performance management processes, and learning and development initiatives, resources, and plans
Talent Acquisition and Administration
- Support the completion of recruitment processes including offers and rejections, and updating recruitment on-line information system in line with UNOPS policy.
- Undertakes reference checking, elements of longlisting, and organization of testing and interviews; fee calculation, minutes of general-service recruitments,
- Finalizes selection and other process approvals.
- Inform and advise UNOPS personnel, consultants, partners and project personnel on routine aspects and elements of their conditions of service and entitlements according to their contract modality, expediting actions to facilitate their efficient, timely, and client-focused onboarding.
- Research precedents and present recommendations to the supervisor, taking into account institutionalized exceptions. Undertake research on a range of HR related issues and assist in the preparation of notes/reports.
- Maintain monitoring systems, advising the supervisor on the status of pending requests and approaching deadlines.
- Answer questions and follow-up with personnel and management to ensure completion of absences requests, performance management cycle, and other HR processes etc. in electronic information systems.
- Liaise with relevant HQ and UN system units to exchange information and follow up on pending issues.
- Set up and maintain reference files/records.
- Follow up or process payroll verification.
- Monitor status of HR actions to facilitate timely action by supervisor and line management, including on transactions initiated, expiring appointments/contracts, and pending separation actions.
- Manage record maintenance; including personnel file systems as well as provision of related statistical summaries and tracking movements of UNOPS personnel within the relevant business unit/s.
Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide support to the organization, facilitation and/or delivery of training and learning initiatives for personnel on HR-related topics.
- Provides sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.