Background Information - Job-specific
The People and Change Group (PCG) is based at the UNOPS Headquarters in Copenhagen. Its mission is to empower effective leadership and high-performing talent as well as to enable business transformation pursuit of organizational excellence and a culture of innovation.
We are bringing together more than 30 experienced professionals in organisational design, recruitment outreach, talent management, learning management, and change management. All of us have a passion for achieving results and building innovation into our way of doing business. In a truly multicultural atmosphere, we work in a dynamic, flexible team based approach and thrive to get things done.
We are recruiting an enthusiastic talent attraction professional to contribute to position UNOPS as an inclusive employer of choice globally and strengthen our capacity to attract the best talent. Specifically, we want to build our brand awareness among targeted talent audiences as well as building talent outreach capacity in the organisation. The role will require to develop key initiatives that will expand UNOPS diverse talent networks. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on the essence of an international hiring organization, to strengthen global talent acquisition strategy within the United Nations family and have an active contribution.
- Under the supervision of the Talent Outreach Advisor, you will be working together with the recruitment outreach team and the broader PCG team to increase recruitment performance and brand awareness that drives diversity. The latter is currently focusing on improving the gender diversity within our workforce as explained in our Gender Parity strategy.
- You will mainly work on three (3) functional areas: recruitment outreach, employer branding and capacity building as described below:
- Drive and initiate recruitment outreach activities, to improve the quality of applications and their diversity. Contribute to source diverse talent on short and medium outlook for senior and positions which are difficult to fill.
- Implement strategic sourcing strategies for senior leadership and business critical roles across the organisation.
- Contribute to develop an employer branding strategy to position UNOPS as international and inclusive employer of choice in particular among underrepresented groups.
- Develop recruitment branding initiatives to build awareness among specific talent audiences in specific job categories (i.e.: leadership, civil engineering, project management, ICT) or even specific groups (i.e.: women, diaspora, talent with disabilities).
- Contribute to develop the digital talent attraction strategy (i.e.:LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram,)
- Contribute to develop innovative recruitment campaigns including media, print, web/online content and event promotion.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as strategic talent management, diversity & inclusion teams as well as with corporate communication to contribute to meet organisational priorities.
- Design, implement and manage employee advocacy programme (i.e.: talent recruitment ambassadors programme)
- Develop and implement training for personnel, in particular for UNOPS leadership and management, on the use of social medial and relevant networks to attract diverse talent
- Contribute to develop communication materials and training to brand UNOPS as employer of choice at various networking and industry events
- Ensure the development of national capacity of HR colleagues on recruitment outreach.
- Contribute to set a school engagement and job fairs go-to-market strategy and other appropriate channels.
- Contribute to the development of trainings on employer branding for units / field offices and support their implementation
- An advanced degree in Communication, Human Resources, Journalism, Political Science, Psychology, Marketing, or other related field would be desirable.
- Alternatively, a combination of Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience, may be accepted in lieu of advanced degree.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in employer branding and/or talent attraction is required.
- Experience in employer branding initiative including diversity and inclusion is required. (i.e.:diaspora, gender, disabilities, etc)
- Experience in working on employee engagement programme is required.
- International experience and /or work experience in the development sector is required.
- Asian market knowledge on talent attraction is considered as an advantage.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French or Spanish is an advantage.