HR Technical Assistant
Norwegian Refugee Council, Ramadi, Iraq
Closing Date for Applications:
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the HR and Admin assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of HR and functions.
- Comply with NRC’s HR and Admin policies and procedures
- Assist with the implementation and roll out of HR and Admin policies, procedures and NRC standards at Area level, support field offices on relevant issues
- Manage contracts for utilities – water/gas/electricity/internet and renew when necessary.
- Manage contracts for NRC Office and NRC Guesthouse.
- Ensure proper filing of documents soft copy and hard copy.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the HR functions.
- Actively promote PSEA (Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate data in the Staff Database and casual worker’s database (HRM system, HR Agresso, excel database)
- Responsible for proper documentation and filing (i.e personnel files, hard and electronic, timesheets, attendance sheets, overtime, leave requests etc)
- Responsible to update personnel files in line with NRC SOPs and maintain personnel database and organize HR files in the online system as per SSD filing system.
- Assist HR Coordinator in organizing seminars, meetings, and other events at the location.
- Coordinate between CO and AO for creating ID cards and health insurance for new joiners.
- Update and maintain the organogram for the Area Office
- Support the HR Coordinator in the advertising of new positions including on external websites and responsible for the timely and proper filing of recruitment documents
Supports in the booking and arranging of interviews
- Ensure the office is equipped with essential items, stationery/drinking water/kitchen and office supplies.
- Manage contracts for utilities for Offices and Guesthouses – water/gas/electricity/internet/fuel and renew when necessary.
- Manage the lease agreements for NRC Guesthouses.
- Manage occupancy of GHs and ensure they are prepared for arrivals.
- Ensure staff receives monthly phone credit in a timely manner.
- Perform maintenance checks of the properties and ensure a good quality of maintenance is carried out where necessary.
- Ensure GH are equipped with essential items at all times, Water, Soap etc
- Provide support in procuring items as requested, raising necessary requests to the Logistics department and following up for the purchases
- Programm staff, support staff
- Legal or
Term of employment
- Work closely with all HR staff in field offices to update lists and personnel files Scale and scope of the position
- Professional competencies
- Generic professional competencies:
- Experience in administration and/or utility management.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluent in English and Arabic is required.
- University degree in Human Resources/Administration. (Technical College (Govt. approved) diploma also accepted)
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Minimum of one-year experience from working as a HR and admin assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Office applications