Are you ready to help us help people lift themselves out of poverty?
Your work makes a difference. Our internationally recognized no-profit organization, TechnoServe, is diligently focused on business solutions to people all over the world who want to lift themselves out of poverty.
The Human Resource Information System (HRIS) Administrator will play a critical role in the Human Resources Team. The position will support and maintain the organization’s HRIS applications and modules with a customer service attitude.
TechnoServe is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty. As a nonprofit organization operating in 29 countries, we work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. By linking people to information, capital, and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities. With 50 years of proven results, TechnoServe believes in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
- Oversees development and maintains optimal function of the integrated Human Resources Information System (HRIS), which may include customization, development, maintenance, and upgrade to applications, systems, and modules.
- Assesses service delivery quality against needs; anticipates delivery challenges to ensure service continuity.
- Maintains process workflows and data validation rules across the global information system.
- Provides advice, training, technical support, troubleshooting, and guidance to HRIS users.
- Identifies system improvements and enhancements; recommends and implements solutions.
- Programs custom functions and documentation such as automated queries, filters, macros, and reports.
- Compiles or assists with the acquisition of complex data reports, summaries, and logs.
- Serves as a representative and liaison between HR, information services, external vendors, and other stakeholders for HRIS design and implementation projects.
- Ensures system compliance with data security and privacy requirements. Manages permissions, access, personalization, and similar system operations and settings for HRIS users.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in HRIS providers, vendors, and technology.
- Maintains accurate employee data in our HRIS
- Performs data entry into the HRIS and troubleshoot any issues that may arise with the processing of personnel actions such as new hires, terminations, and promotions
- Conducts regular self-audits to ensures data integrity
- Prepares analysis, reports, and presentations, including bi-annual people and periodic turnover reports, and annual EEO-1, VETS 100, and AAP reports
- Play key role in organizational processes such as annual performance management and salary reviews
We’re looking for someone with integrity and passion about our mission and possesses the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least three years of related experience required with at least one year in a supervisory position preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical support skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with human resource policies and procedures to ensure the HRIS meets organizational needs and goals.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Thorough understanding of all areas of information systems with a highly technical understanding of at least one commercial HRIS product; UltiPro experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desirable.
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
- TechnoServe is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all facets of employment, including the employment application and selection process. If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact Human Resources Department at 202-719-1315.