Background Information - Job-specific
UNOPS South Sudan Country Office (SSCO) will implement the South Sudan Safety Net Project (SSSNP), which is funded by the World Bank (WB) to address soaring levels of poverty, vulnerability, unemployment and idleness, particularly amongst youth and other vulnerable groups. The project development objective is to provide access to income opportunities and temporary employment to the poor and vulnerable households and strengthen safety nets delivery systems.
SSSNP has three main components namely:
- Public works plus, including complementary activities like entrepreneurial skills, WASH trainings and early childhood development and nutrition messaging;
- Direct income support targeting House Holds who are labour constrained;
- Strengthening safety net delivery systems;
The Project will target the most vulnerable segments of South Sudanese population aiming to be benefit in excess of 68 thousand beneficiary House Holds in more than 10 vulnerable locations across the country.
Under the direct supervision of the HR Manager, the Human Resource Analyst delivers high-quality and consistent delivery of effective HR services (recruitment, contract and performance management of talent) to the client office, ensuring full compliance with UN rules and regulations, UNOPS policies and procedures and internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management. Under the guidance, the HR Analyst provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues in a collaborative, client-oriented manner.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Support to policy development and implementation
- Advisory Services
- Talent Acquisition and Administration
- Team Management
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
Support to policy development and implementation
- Contribute to HR policy development and corporate HR initiatives by compiling and maintaining data on trends, risks and opportunities and sharing local HR best practices.
- Provide technical or administrative services in support of HR initiatives for attainment of business objectives in line with the corporate HR strategy.
- Generate strategic and operational workforce data for planning, including related statistical summaries and movements of UNOPS personnel within the relevant business unit/s.
- Communicate HR policy changes and new HR initiatives to management and personnel, providing guidance as needed.
- Provide guidance on HR related systems and processes including but not limited to Recruitment, Contracts, Position Management, Benefits and Entitlements consistent with UNOPS rules and procedures.
- Provide advice and answers to personnel on routine cases for HR services such as the performance appraisal process, learning & development activities, contracts, benefits, entitlements and remuneration and career development.
- Assist to provide guidance as needed on sensitive matters including grievances, potential violations in code of conduct, harassment, abuse, workplace disputes, performance improvement plans, complex employee relations matters, etc.
- Encourage line management responsibility for implementation of HR policies and effective team management, encouraging dialogue and two-way constructive feedback.
- Collaborate with leadership to support institutional gender and diversity initiatives, providing education and advice on issues related to equity, compliance, inclusion, and diversity.
Talent Acquisition and Administration
- Implement talent acquisition activities in line with UNOPS policies and processes covering Recruitment, Onboarding, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Change Management, Salary and Benefit administration, Contract Administration, Succession Planning and Out-processing.
- Administer contracts, entitlements, loans, exchanges, and secondments. Inform and advise UNOPS personnel, consultants, partners and project personnel on their conditions of service and entitlements according to their contract modality, expediting actions to facilitate their efficient, timely, and client-focused onboarding.
- Support recruitment processes ensuring best practices are used for effective and efficient talent acquisition in line with UNOPS policy. Utilize and maintain recruitment plans, tools and policy guidance to efficiently and effectively recruit and retain a diverse workforce to meet the needs of the business objectives. Maintain personnel rosters.
- Provide technical inputs into, and organize straightforward components of, regional and national personnel realignment exercises, including job fairs, to ensure timely competency elaboration, sourcing, selection, placement of required talent and transitions as well as due process.
- Identify key talent areas and provide elements of coherent, well-developed plans for obtaining, developing, and managing critical talent. Utilize recruitment plans, tools and policy guidance to efficiently and effectively recruit and retain a diverse workforce to meet the needs of the business objectives.
- Liaise with UNOPS’ HR related groups on personnel administration matters.
- Guide business units in engagement and work enrichment initiatives and development of annual training plans.
- Support efficient planning and management of the HR unit, including drafting annual recruitment plans, implementing designated projects in line with the corporate HR strategy, overseeing personnel file systems as well as provision of related statistical summaries and tracking movements of UNOPS personnel within relevant business unit/s.
- May supervise other personnel members in the provision of HR client services by assigning work, facilitating work planning, managing performance, motivating, developing and coaching team members to deliver high quality results and services.
Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel and other personnel on HR-related topics.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources.
- Substantively contribute to the planning and development of the HR components of the office annual report.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and put to use productively.
Impact of Results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Human Resource Analyst directly impact on the efficient performance of key elements of HR systems and services of the relevant business unit. These affect aspects of client satisfaction as well as of the readiness and capabilities of the human capital of the unit, to effectively develop and implement the programmes and projects of UNOPS. This contributes to the credibility of the organization as an effective service provider in project services and management.
- Advanced University degree/Master degree in Human Resources management, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related fields OR
- First University degree/Bachelor degree in Human Resources management, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related fields combined with 2 years of relevant experience OR
- Secondary School Certificate with additional 6 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a HR generalist position in an international, public or corporate organization is required.
- Skills in recruitment and selection is required (2 years).
Fluency in written and Spoken English is required and Knowledge of Arabic language desired