NRC is looking for a Human Resources & Admin Team Lead for our field office in Maiduguri in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Team Leader position is day to day implementation of the oversee HR and Admin support functions responsibilities in Area North Offices Borno State.
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education and Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
The Human Resources & Admin Team Lead reports to the Area Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervise the HR/Admin team at area office level
- Ensure that staff records in all field offices in the area are up to date and filed appropriately in the HR personnel file archive
- Responsible for implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Responsible for managing the NRC people Solution at the Area Level
- Ensure that all recruitments at the areal level are followed up from start till finish
- Support staff with the tools & procedures for performance management
- Oversee all administrative responsibilities accommodation booking, facility management, utilities, store management e.t.c
- Take the lead in vacancy announcements and longlisting of requested positions according to the approved organogram
- Degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Management Science or any other related Course
- Three (3) years’ experience from working as an HR or Admin, from an Officer level, and in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts. Work experience in the Northeast is a plus.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.