NRC is looking for a Human Resources & Admin Technical Assistant for our field office in Damasak in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities in Damasak, Borno State
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education and Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
The Human Resources & Admin Technical Assistant reports to the Field Office Coordinator.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure proper and systematic filing of all personnel files
- Support recruitment process by collecting applications, long listing, schedules examination, administering tests, and conducting interviews
- coordinating appointments and background/reference checks, and communicating benefit information
- Maintaining a database of field office recruitment
- induction of new staff, and schedule briefing with relevant departments and assist in email address requests for new staff
- Preparation of contracts for both casual workers and full time workers
- Issuance of stock request to relevant department and updating and sharing the stock report on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that office and guest house supplies are requested for and timely distributed
- Preparing and circulating the Minutes from the all staff meetings
- Supervising of the cleaner/cook
- Any other task assigned by Line Manager
- Degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Management Science or any other related Course
- Previous (1yr) experience working in a human resource department (preferably NGO)
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- High level competence in computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications)
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.