The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job :
To support in the various human resource and Administration functions of country Office to Area Offices (Tripoli, Benghazi, and Tunis), which include recruitment, performance, development, compensation and benefits, HR administration etc..
Main roles are quality control and follow up, to achieve practice of DRC global standards.
Geographic scope: Country (Libya)
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
- Ensure the general HR standards & procedures defined in DRC Operations Handbook are applied and compliant at all times.
- Support with all phases of recruitment
- Assist Senior Management Team in elaboration of individual development plans for employees reflecting DRC vision, values and long term strategic priorities
- Prepare and update briefing/induction packages for new staff and oversee/coordinate the induction process
- Assist with the Performance & Development Process
- Coordinate and develop a DRC training scheme for DRC employees with the help of the DRC Learning Catalogue
- Draft new and renewed contracts and other personnel-related issues with special attention to compensation and benefits
- Prepare, advice and oversee staff leaves and absences.
- Assist with the management of staff complaints through DRC established mechanisms and ensures DRC Code of Conduct is understood and abided at all times
- Focal point for the liaison with Health Insurance Company on all related issues & serve as the liaison with service providers on all staff health insurance issues.
- Support staff development activities including promoting the DRC Learning Catalogue.
- Collect data/ prepare payroll of national staff of Libya Areas National staff.
- Update the payroll with new staff members and updates changes,
- Collect, update and provide to the HR/Admin Manager monthly recruitment reports for DRC Libya Mission- Country wide, and provide recommendations for improvements based upon findings.
- Support HR and Admin Manager in Coordination of orientation process (schedule induction and provide HR induction for when needed for new staff) and inform/ follow up with on-arrival arrangements related visas, accommodations, safety briefs, etc.
- Support with implementation of consolidate learning and development plan
- Support HR and Admin Manager in conducting “Managers training” and learning activities on staff care/Team building
- Support HR and Admin Manager in conducting/attending salary and benefits surveys, revising national staff salary scales
- Prepare work certificates for staff upon request.
- Support HR and Admin Manager in the management of administrative tasks.
- When required by HR manager, coordinate with the DRC legal advisor on issuing work Visas and residency permits.
- Control/ follow up on visa tracker updating.
- Support HR and Admin Manager in following up on all legal and official registration of DRC Locally.
- Follow up on CCS Technical and narrative reports, to be collected from Program teams, sent to legal translation Office, proofreading them, ensuring submission on time.
- Responsible for booking hotels and flights for DRC staff national and international travel and meetings.
- Follow up and support with residency, work permits and visa applications for International staff
- Ensure all utility payments are done on timely basis.
- Ensure meetings for the senior management team are organized and other administrative support as may be required.
- Any other duties as requested by Manager.
Facilities Office and Guesthouse management :
- Ensure all Country office infrastructures are clean, appropriate, safe and functioning.
- Ensure insurance plan is in place for all office buildings, and equipment updated at all times.
- Ensure repairs and maintenance of facilities in compliance with DRC standards and procedures.
- Ensure there is sufficient office stationery, and Country office supplies at all times and monitor their utilization.
- Act as focal point for guesthouse booking of Country Office expatriate staff.
- Any other duties as requested by Manager.
About you :
- At least 1 years' experience in HR/administration, in an international NGO in a similar role at mid-management level.
- Knowledge of travel and immigration procedures. Must have experience in handling humanitarian flight services.
- Previous experience with ERP is an asset.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
We are also expecting:
- Essential qualifications: University degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or equivalent preferred qualifications.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
- This position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.