The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of University degree.
- Experience: At least 5 years of experience in HR operations management.
- Languages: Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Headquarters (HQ). The job holders report to an HR Officer or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for the completion of a full range of HR activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action within their area of expertise and may provide guidance to other staff.
To perform a range of HR tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide assistance on a range of general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistency and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Support in the execution of HR operations, analyze and respond to various internal and external queries, to ensure that clients are well-informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives
- Processing payroll and support in the calculation of the salary Increase.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other staff, to support their development and increased knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties.
- Consolidating and Compiling training requests from various units, developing and maintaining accurate and easily accessible records and processes for all learning and development activities.
- Assist in setting and developing personal development plans in alignment with the areas of development raised and discussed during the performance Management cycle
- Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, HR letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Use HR management systems for updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, Performance Management, ….etc.), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
- Oversee and manage end-to-end contract management process, including contracts’ preparation and proceeding with System needed actions after getting the required approvals
- Follow up and assist staff members and supervisors to finalize and submit the performance Management evaluations on a timely manner. Support in analyzing and monitoring performance gaps and identify needed areas of development
- Ensure a smooth separation process, with a focus on the employee experience and acquiring the needed information for the organization through exit interviews and analysis of the respective data
- Provide guidance and timely response to WFP employees on queries related to their benefits and entitlements and HR-related benefits and entitlements
- Take the lead in a regular and consistent HR communication (HR calendar, payroll calendar, etc…) all year long
- Ensure high-standard reports and trackers are maintained for all of the above processes, and prepare regular reports on HR different operational tasks’ progress
- Provide end-to-end support in the recruitment cycle, including drafting attractive vacancy announcements, sourcing candidates, screening of applications, preparing and coordinating interviews, communicating with the candidates, ensure their engagement in all recruitment touch points with the HR team offers’ preparation
- Maintain an updated and high-standard recruitment tracker and provide regular reports on recruitment metrics in addition to maintaining and updating recruitment files, according to established standards.
- Support and deliver onboarding for new employees joining WFP to ensure a great candidate experience by following the relevant processes, engaging the hiring managers and clarifying the conditions of terms of service to any new joiner.
- Handling the leave management, monitoring compliance with the Organizations’ rules and regulations, producing attendance information reports to support the hiring managers to check their teams’ attendance records
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience operating in a dynamic, international environment
- Proficiency in working with MS applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint Ability to prepare comprehensive reports.
- Advanced skills in using HR systems and a demonstrated ability to work well with new applications.
- Demonstrated track-record of strong customer-orientation.
- Strong team spirit.
- Well organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with people from different backgrounds