Background Information - IPAS
Based in Copenhagen, Denmark, the UNOPS Integrated Practice Advice and Support (IPAS) serves all the regions and headquarters, primarily with advice and solutions to everyday implementation challenges. IPAS consists of a diverse team of subject matter experts in the six practice areas of HR, Administration, Legal, Finance, Procurement, Project Management and Infrastructure. IPAS has three main roles:
Support to operations in the field offices: IPAS provides timely advice and supports actively finding of solutions to everyday implementation challenges, based on policy and best practices. It also provides operational support in specific areas.
Business efficiency: IPAS recommends changes to policies, processes and operating standards based on the feedback and experience of the field offices. IPAS also ensures transparent and efficient project implementation, in line with policy and business needs.
Body of knowledge: IPAS contributes to research and coordination within the policy groups and project practitioners. It provides structured knowledge and subject matter expertise which is used across practice areas to provide coherent and tailored advice to the requesting offices.
- Presently comprised of 11 experienced practitioners, IPAS HR is looking for a dynamic and professional colleague to replace a departing team member.
- As part of the IPAS HR team, you would be responsible for several diverse and critical corporate HR processes. For instance, you would offer advice to UNOPS colleagues worldwide on performance management policies; field recruitment system (JobsUNOPS) inquiries; coordinate recruitment process reviews; liaise closely with other corporate HR counterparts; and support accurate management of HQ recruitments, appointments, benefits and entitlements. Moreover, you would experience active encouragement to suggest innovative ways to streamline and improve these existing processes.
- IPAS HR is looking for someone with a positive attitude, who is a strong communicator, a proven team player, and with a keen sense of client service and prioritization. In addition, you must have strong IT and digital skills, the ability to innovate and demonstrate a passion for systems, processes and data analytics. Flawless English and impeccable writing skills are required. .
- UNOPS offers not only an exciting work environment, an attractive remuneration package and flexible working arrangements, but you would also be working in one of the most sustainable buildings in Copenhagen: the UN City.
- Secondary education required. A university degree is strongly preferred and can compensate for some of the required years of experience.
- Fluency in English is essential; fluency in French or Spanish would be a strong asset.
- Knowledge of ERP systems is an asset.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in operations support, preferably supporting a human resources management area is required with a high school diploma. Within these 6 years, at least 1 year of experience managing recruitment processes is required, and 1 year of experience in data analysis.
- UN experience or experience from other international organizations or NGOs is highly desirable.
- International exposure is a strict requirement (candidates must have worked in another country than their home country for a minimum of one year to meet this requirement).