Human Resources Associate
HIAS , Silver Spring, United States
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
HIAS seeks a Human Resources Associate to support payroll, onboarding, offboarding and benefits administration. This role will report to the Senior Human Resources Generalist. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, organized, and driven individual with excellent communication and customer service skills and has an intimate knowledge of human resources.
- Provide support in various day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department, including assisting in the coordination answering the phone and responding to inquiries concerning general personnel policies and benefit plan provisions.
- Maintain personnel data, both paper and electronic, which includes personnel and medical files, as well as administrative records.
- Maintain the timekeeping database, makes corrections as needed, and reviews semi-monthly timesheets; contacts employees and supervisors on timesheet corrections and approvals.
- Assist with payroll processing and benefit auditing.
- Serve as a backup to the HQ Office assistant by answering phones and directing callers to appropriate departments, as necessary.
- Support performance management process
- Respond to employment verifications and reference checks.
- Submits new hire paperwork, creates new hire packets and coordinate new hire HR check-in meetings.
- Assist with employee wellness research and resource development
- Assist with HIASnet updates, as needed.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related field preferred, but not required.
- 1-3 years of prior experience in a professional environment, Human Resources, Nonprofit Management or Operations preferred.
- Strong project management, time management and customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to learn and ask questions.
- Detail-oriented, independent and reliable.
- Proficient with MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Some knowledge of Judaism and/or the Jewish community, culture, and issues is a plus.