Human Resources Consultants
UN Children's Fund, New York, United States
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
For every child, hope.
In an effort to measurably improve UNICEF's ability to deliver better results for children, and to also support the Human Resources reforms, the Division of Human Resources (DHR), is embarking on a transformational process in a number of key areas, including streamlined and efficient talent acquisition, strategic HR business partnering, and results-focused performance management and career development. The HR Business Partnering Section requires the support of short-term HR consultants to support the implementation of the business partner initiatives.
- Support organization of HR business partner team activities including, but not limited to, workshops, training, meetings, preparing reports and tracking progress of actions, as required.
- Provide support to recruitment including screening/shortlisting, organizing panels, liaising with candidates and scheduling interviews.
- Provide support to the HR business partner on preparation of guidelines and presentations as needed.
- Provide support to the HR business partners for preparation of quarterly/annual activities such as strategic planning, staffing, performance reviews.
- Provide support to the HR business partners on various HR areas, including recruitment, job classification, data analytics.
- Contribute to drafting of key documents for strategic meetings.
- Perform any other duties as required
- The consultant is expected to undertake other duties as required and assigned by the supervisor. Exact tasks may be added or modified throughout the time period of the assignment depending on the workload and emerging priorities.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- A first-level university degree in HR management, business administration, social sciences, education or related field is required.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in human resources.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of another UN working language an advantage.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in human resources management
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) is required
- Strong ability to research, analyze, evaluate, and synthesize information
- Very good ability to articulate clear and concise ideas and concepts in written and oral form
- Knowledge of a major platform e-Recruitment system is an asset
- Technical - Knowledge of relevant computer systems and applications; excellent knowledge of software MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Managing resources - Organizes and manages information effectively to achieve defined goals and optimum results.
- Flexibility - Works effectively on multiple assignments simultaneously and adapts to changing demands and circumstances.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work well in a diverse team