Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Secours Islamique France is looking to fill a Human Resources Coordinator position based in Damascus, Syria.
With a presence since 2008 in Syria, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is working to bring equitable access to the basic services to the affected populations in Damascus, rural Damascus, Daraa, Homs, Quneitra, Hama and Aleppo.SIF is working with several donors as UNHCR, UNICEF and OCHA for the benefit of the displaced and affected people. SIF in Syria focuses on: Shelter Rehabilitation, Education, and Protection programs.
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission, as part of the Coordination Team and while supervising the Human Resources team, you will be in charge of developing and implementing the country HR policy as well as contributing to the elaboration of the mission's operational and HR strategy.
Your work will consist of:
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall HR organisation strategy.
- Monitoring systems and procedures with the HR Manager based in the headquarters.
- Establishing and developing the HR management framework of the mission in compliance with SIF's policies.
- Developing HR policy in the mission in accordance with the country of operation's relevant legal framework including fiscal aspects, the socio economic context and the organisation's policies and guidelines.
- Overseeing and managing the performance appraisal process, assisting and guiding colleagues within the internal regulations and procedure.
- Supporting current and future operational needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital.
Support line managers
- Advising and guiding line managers in the execution of their people management responsibilities.
- Engaging with the line managers and top management to successfully influence them on key change initiatives.
The employee may be requested to perform other tasks in accordance with its job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the Association or to changes in its policy and it organization, and respecting the pattern of fixed-term contract.
- You possess a Master's degree in the relevant field with a minimum of 5 years of overall experience with 1 year at senior management role.
- You are experienced in developing and implementing HR policies and procedures as well as with institutional donors.
- You have strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff).
- You possess strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English.
- You have experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management.
- An understanding and commitment to SIF’s mission and values are necessary.
- Familiarity with the Middle East and more particularly the Syrian working context, knowledge of Emergency response programmes and Arabic speaking would be a plus.