Human Resources Field Officer
Norwegian Refugee Council, Lebanon
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of the Human Field Resources Officer position is the day-to-day implementation of the Human Resources related responsibilities. The position holder will be implementing various matters related to talent acquisition, performance management, duty of care and operational HR activities in the area office. The duties will also encompass proper implementation and reinforcement on NRC Terms of Employment, and coordination with country office HR staff on related issues.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies and the local Labor Law in all procedures and processes.
- Prepare periodic related reports on activities and as requested by the line manager.
- Reinforce staff in the implementation of related policies, procedures, and standard NRC practices; and provide capacity building to staff to ensure proper implementation.
- Contribute in the alignment and design of Human Resources policies, processes, and procedures.
- Provide administrative support for staff welfare programs/activities as required and in direct coordination with the line manager.
- Supervise and follow up on HR staff in area office and provide technical support to the HR assistants
- Provide training sessions and capacity building activities for field staff, and conduct Induction presentations for new joiners as required.
- Conduct field visits to all related sub offices to conduct spot checks, attend related meetings, and follow up on various matters and address concerns.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Follow up and ensure proper implementation of incentive workers and consultancy policies at area level
- Act as a focal point for the HR system and insure that the system is working based on the standards.
- Ensure that staff Entry and Exit Procedures/checklists are well established and implemented.
- Follow up and ensure proper implementation for NRC Terms of Employment and all related policies including leaves, holidays, allowances and benefits, and others.
- Ensure continuous filing of all related forms, templates, documents, and legal papers in their respective files (Hard & soft) as per filling tree guidelines.
- Edit, unify, and develop Job Descriptions for NRC positions following set guidelines, grading profile, and the applicable generic forms, and provide support and guidance to line managers.
- Prepare monthly reports related to payroll, performance management and HR metrics with regular update of staff database.
- Carry out recruitment activities including requesting positions, shortlisting qualified candidates, conducting interviews and reference checks and requesting job offers.
- Provide line managers and staff with advice and technical expertise on recruitment, performance management, conflict resolution and duty of care principals.
- Ensure enrollment in NSSF and Insurance packages of all staff members with proper support in related inquiries.
- Lead on investigations/fact findings and follow up on CoC breaches and under-performance cases at area level as requested and in coordination with the Support Manager and Employee Relations in country office.
- Act as focal point for duty of care in the field and ensure minimum standards, steps and relevant document are met in proper liaison with Employee Relations and relevant staff.
- Support, manage and provide capacity building of HR Assistants with daily tasks and activities.
- Promote NRC’s expected organizational behavior and culture among staff in terms trough awareness/induction sessions.
- Perform other relevant HR tasks as requested by the line manager.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or any other related field
- 2 - 3 years of experience in the Human Resources function within related matters in Recruitment, personnel management and operational activities
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluency in both English and Arabic, written and spoken
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Handling insecure environments