The HR Manager is an important role in the HR Management function at J-PAL South Asia. This role is critical to the foundation & growth of the strategic HR solutions at J-PAL South Asia.
The incumbent will work closely with the Associate Director HR. The Incumbent’s portfolio will be primarily Recruitment and secondarily other HR Interventions' support, including but limited to, Rewards, HR Analytics and learning and Development. The role will involve collaborating effectively with people at all job levels and interacting with a diverse group of individuals and personalities to ensure the achievement of individual, functional and organizational goals.
- As the Talent Provider for J-PAL South Asia, deliver high quality, cost effective and timely hiring support to the organization.
- Build the recruitment strategy. Lead its effective execution across all verticals and locations.
- Lead manpower planning exercise with vertical teams, as per the project needs.
- Lead the passive hiring interventions to build an effective & robust talent pipeline for all key roles. (1) Lead the Campus Connect initiative – build & grow for maximum outreach to top talent – both in India and outside India. (2) Manage Institutional partnership for interns as well as initiate & collaborate to build newer ones. (4) Lead & build online sourcing tools, including but not limited to, LinkedIn, Facebook, Portals and more to tap passive top talent , in alignment with Global directives. (4) Build the alumni network – take active steps on leveraging alumni for talent outreach. (5) Lead Employer Branding initiatives under this umbrella.
- Create & execute innovative talent sourcing strategies and initiatives for the organization.
- Lead active hiring talent hiring needs of time, quality, compliance and cost.
- Manage the internal job postings – process, tools & practices.
- Manage the employee internship program.
- Build & deliver to recruitment KPIs in alignment with organizational strategy.
- Lead the recruitment team – own and manage them for sustainable and competitive delivery.
- Manage external vendors and all matters pertaining to them including, but not limited to – identification & empanelment, contracts, cost optimization, effective service support, feedback, payment and relationship management.
- Ensure compliance to internal quality parameters as well as statutory needs across all recruitment process & practices at J-PAL South Asia.
- Create and upkeep job descriptions – maintain an attractive and effective database of JDs for internal & external utilization.
- Induction for new hires – Create creative induction collaterals and deliver them. Manage SLAs, track and report progress. Improvise consistently for maximum impact.
Trends & Reports:
- Research and share emerging trends on hiring best practices and new trends.
- Track hiring data and generate regular MIS reports as required.
- Maintain a keen understanding of hiring tools, trends, developments and best practices. Share these periodically within & across verticals.
- Share insights & recommendations regularly with key internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Global team for leveraging on global pool of talent.
- Revamp internal hiring process & tools for better efficiency, effectiveness & impact.
- Build hiring tools and techniques (hiring guidelines, interview tools & techniques, assessments & questionnaires & more).
- Facilitate their optimum utilization while ensuring relevance, standardization and impact.
- Build capacity of internal stakeholders to utilize these tools effectively.
- Build competitive analytics & dashboards for all HR functions and support.
- Collate and report data & trends periodically.
- Integrate these with the internal systems as well as recommend and build in new systems where required.
- Build internal HR capacity to utilize these tools effectively.
- Create creative & effective content for direct & indirect recruitment needs – including but not limited to presentations, brochures, website content related to recruitment, and other collaterals to report trends, progress and plans across forums & to all stakeholders as per the need. Innovate!
- Collaborate with verticals to build these, periodically.
- Assist in building the total rewards strategy and plan for the organization, and across verticals.
- Execute the reward program as per the strategy. Work closely with the Associate Director of HR and other Vertical heads in providing fair, transparent and competitive reward practices across roles & verticals.
- Execute robust & effective communication towards the benefits & rewards provided. Leverage technology, build maximum outreach, cost efficiency and high impact.
- Design, plan, and execute the recognition program organization wide.
- Research & share trends in best practices in rewards & recognition.
- Learning and Development
New Hires Orientation:
- Organize and anchor the new hire orientation program to enable easy settling-in and acculturation of new employees.
- Collaborate with HR operations to build a holistic and excellent onboarding experience.
- Deliver a periodic orientation program, organization wide for all new hires: collaborate with internal SMEs, leverage on technology.
Capacity Building: Planning & Execution
- Collaborate in building competency matrices for the organization.
- Assist in building the annual learning & development (L&D) strategy by active support in the following, but not limited to: (1) Conducting training needs analysis, data collation, coordination and reporting. (2) Drawing up a comprehensive L&D plan based on the developmental needs and methods identified. (3) Driving the implementation of the L&D plan to ensure smooth execution with effective outcomes; providing thought partnership around program design and delivery. (4) Conceptualizing innovative and flexible methods to address the developmental and capacity building needs identified, including identification of external training programs and conferences, the design and delivery of in-house training sessions, enrollment in online learning programs, and mentoring, self-learning, and other methods as appropriate. (5) Monitor and report progress on the initiatives’ delivery, learning goals and internal trends, make continuous improvements in the approach, process and methods as appropriate. (6) Setting up of new systems and processes including: preparing and tracking the annual L&D Budget; creating and updating the training calendar; tracking training attendance; capturing feedback on training programs as well as conferences and workshops attended.
- Collaborate in the design & execution of succession plans.
- Work closely with Associate Directors to facilitate various change management initiatives.
- Trends & Reports: Research and share emerging trends on HR best practices. (1) Track L&D related data and generate regular MIS reports as required. (2) Maintain a keen understanding of learning & development trends, developments and best practices. (3) Share insights & recommendations regularly with key internal stakeholders.
Required Education; Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Design, Educational or Organizational Psychology, Business Administration (MBA) with a specialization in HR, or similar relevant degree.
Required professional experience
- Must have at least 8 years of relevant HR experience.
- Demonstrable experience of minimum 3 years of handling all facets of the employee life cycle.
- Minimum 4 years experience of managing teams in medium or large scale organizations.
- International exposure.
- Strong experience of collaborating with leaders and colleagues to drive results.
- Experience implementing diverse and high impact HR initiatives to support organizational objectives.
- Demonstrated successful experience working with detailed information and numerical data and presenting it in a way that is easily understood by people at different levels in the organization.
- Experience with event management.
Other competencies required:
- Strong influencing & negotiating skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills with proven ability to present to large audiences.
- Strong listening skills.
- Creative thinking.
- Must have a good understanding and working knowledge of recruitment & staffing tools & techniques, manpower planning & budgeting, social media hiring, campus drives, total reward systems, statutory requirements, compensation best practices, market benchmarking, recruitment systems and processes, creative content development, evaluation of hiring effectiveness, problem solving techniques, team building techniques, HR Management, HR Audit mechanisms, and dashboards and statutory frameworks.
- Demonstrated success in designing and executing customized, effective & sustainable recruitment programs.
- Experience in managing large budgets.
- Experience in managing decentralized teams.
- Demonstrated success in implementing innovative engagement and training techniques, in multiple areas including managerial and leadership development areas.
- Experience in conducting organizational, program level, and individual needs analysis to identify learning and development needs; experience in running targeted development programs.
- Good knowledge of the training/learning related offerings available in the market, including relevant training organizations and service providers.
- Experience in change management to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Exposure to working in an organization involved in research, public policy, development economics, education or training would be an added advantage.