Human Resources Officer
Danish Refugee Council, Yangon, Myanmar
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Overall purpose of the role:
He / She will be in charge of the compensation and benefits HR related work processes. This includes the payroll calculation in close collaboration with the different HR focal point at field level, issuing new contracts and contract amendments, and finally maintaining DRC dynamics for all the staff at coordination level.
Geographic scope: Area (Myanmar)
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country.
Compensations & benefits management
- Ensure monthly corrected national staff salary and income tax calculation are submitted in time according to DRC’s rule and regulation.
- Ensure all updated staff information (newly appointed, resigned, position and/or salary changes, location changes, dependent changes, etc) are included in the payroll and tax calculation.
- Coordinate with all HR focal points to receive corrected and updated staff information in time
- Ensure all eligible allowances/benefit are well documented and included in the payroll.
- The monthly pay slips and tax slips are distributed to the HR focal points
- Prepare quarterly and yearly income tax report and submitted to government revenue office.
- Supervise HR Assistant to ensure all national staff income tax record book are corrected and handled properly.
- Responsible to update the HR Master data and submit to HR Manager on a monthly basic.
- Proper record of signed version monthly payroll, income tax report, pay slip, tax slip in both hard and soft copy.
- Support individual auditors’ requirements.
- Ensure that records of all Human Resources related information is kept and sent on timely basis to relevant parties
- Maintain and analysis the attendance record of Yangon based staff and submit HR Manager with quarterly basic.
- By coordinating with HR focal from the field, update staff and its dependents to the insurance service provider regularly.
Employee Information Management
- He/she is responsible for providing employment contract for newly recruited staff
- Maintaining up to dated Yangon staff information in DRC Dynamics
- Ensure departing team member is provided with employment certificate.
- Ensuring new ID cards are printed for the all staff national and international.
- Develop and maintain well-organized filing system that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information.
- Maintain personnel files of all national team members for respective field office, ensuring all necessary documents are on the file and monitored including: contracts, code of conduct, job description, holidays and sick leave requests (national and expat staff),
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as requested by the Manager.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Human Resources management, administration, change management, and/or organizational development
- Technical in managing compensation and benefits
- (I)NGO experience is preferred
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
- Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- University degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or Social Science Degree specializing in Human Resources or equivalent professional qualification