A Humanitarian Advocacy Officer
HI, Belgium, France
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the responsibility of Humanitarian Advocacy Manager, your main your main responsibilities are:
Support the humanitarian advocacy manager in leading the internal process to launch and implement HI’s advocacy strategy on Humanitarian Access, involving key stakeholders within the HI movement and ensuring their meaningful and relevant contribution to the implementation of the strategy through shared action plans
- Follow up the implementation of the global Humanitarian Access Advocacy Action plan especially through HI’s contributions to different policy processes that are ongoing
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure collection of evidence and appropriate dissemination internally
- Contribute to internal communication on humanitarian advocacy activities within the organization.
Support the data Collection process from HI field operations to ensure our advocacy is grounded on solid, relevant and timely evidence
- Liaise with Geographic, Thematic and field staff in the Operations Direction to identify key issues and available data on humanitarian access and impediments
- Organize the planning, identify adequate tools and modalities for the production of evidence, ensure meaningful contribution from key internal and external stakeholders
- Establish shared dissemination strategy at national, regional and global levels, in line with expected policy change objectives
- When relevant, and in close collaboration with the Federal Communication department, contribute to dissemination to the general public, towards the medias and on social medias
- In close collaboration with field advocacy staff, lead the joint work on advocacy strategies linked to HI’s response to the Syrian crisis, with a consistent approach on policy objectives at local and global levels
- Lead the internal coordination with the field advocacy staff to co-construct the advocacy strategy on the Syrian crisis
- Support the data collection process to ensure our advocacy is based on solid evidence
- Disseminate accordingly the different messages produced by the middle east team
- In close coordination with the Humanitarian advocacy manager, liaise with relevant NGO networks and coalitions in the humanitarian sector to contribute to and influence collective action towards improved humanitarian access especially in link with the impact of sanctions on humanitarian access
Support HI’s involvement in different policy process
- Support HI’s participation and involvement in ”Conférence Nationale Humanitaire” organized by the French MoFA
- Identify key advocacy opportunities in link with the agenda on counter terrorism at the level of the UN and the EU
- Support HI’s influence on humanitarian access topics towards the German’s presidency of the EU
Follow up on the impacts of COVID-19 pandemic on the different humanitarian crisis
- In close coordination with the emergency direction, ensure monitoring of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Humanitarian crisis
- When relevant and needed, engage in advocacy activities to support HI’s humanitarian global humanitarian response to the pandemic
- Support reactive and collective advocacy strategies
- With at least 3 years’ experience in the humanitarian sector on positions either on the field or at global level with a strong advocacy component, you have a demonstrated knowledge of the international humanitarian system, emergency contexts, International Humanitarian Law
- Good understanding of operational constraints attached to NGOs work in crisis contexts
- Proven ability to analyze complex political issues, identify impactful advocacy opportunities and innovative tools and tactics to achieve policy change.
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English at a professional level and a good command of French
- Knowledge of issues linked to humanitarian access, counter terrorism policies.
- Experience of working with geographically dispersed and culturally diverse teams.
- Understanding of the challenges involved in working with NGO networks and coalitions.
- Experience in global campaign engagement and coordination.