Humanitarian and Stabilisation Consultant
Crown Agents, United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
About the role
FUNCTION OF DEPARTMENT
Supporting clients in fragile and conflict affected states to deliver stability, peace, security and justice. Contribute to the success of CA by delivering profitable business results and building CA’s reputation as ‘go to’ provider for humanitarian and stabilisation solutions.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
- Contribute to the success of CA by delivering profitable business results and building CA’s reputation as ‘go to’ provider for humanitarian and stabilisation.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB
Data and Information Management, Remote Monitoring and Management of Hum/Stab Projects (60%)
- Strengthen the management, dissemination and use of information and data gathered from Humanitarian and Stabilisation projects and support the development of products and systems for improved remote programme management and monitoring across Crown Agents’ programmes.
- Assessing and delivering information needs for the humanitarian and stabilisation portfolio
- Managing information systems for humanitarian and stabilisation programmes: initially Syria Debris Clearance and Myanmar Humanitarian and Resilience Programme Facility but potentially expanding to other Hum/Stab projects.
- Use and application of GIS mapping to support the management, monitoring and reporting of Hum/Stab projects.
- Monitoring and Data lead on the Syria Debris Clearance project phase II, and subsequent phases. Additionally, acting as Project Management for Syria Debris Clearance.
- Supporting information management needs (either through a direct role or STTA) for the Myanmar Humanitarian and Resilience Programme Facility (HARP-F), working with the Communications and Quality, Impact, Evaluation and Learning teams on that project.
- Sharing information on Hum/Stab programmes across Crown Agents and, in collaboration with the CA Communications Team, for an external audience.
- Supporting the roll-out of similar remote management and monitoring functions across other Delivery Teams in Crown Agents.
- Support Business Development within the Humanitarian and Stabilisation Team (30%)
- The post-holder will be required to support business development activities, specifically the development of bids and proposals, including:
- Playing a key coordination role in Hum/Stab bids, eventually as Bid Manager or Bid Coordinator depending on requirements.
- Drafting key sections of technical proposals.
- Liaising between Hum/Stab and other parts of Crown Agents, most notably the Commercial Delivery Office and International Resourcing.
- Supporting business development for Crown Agents relating to remote management and monitoring and use of data and information management systems and mapping software for the same.
- (Overhead) Supporting the Wider Work of the Humanitarian and Stabilisation Team and the Corporate Requirements of Crown Agents (5%)
- The post-holder will be required to respond to other tasks set by the Director, Humanitarian and Stabilisation and to ensure that key corporate tasks relating to financial management, audit, HR etc. are completed as per the requirements of the organisation.
- Be aware of and adhere to company quality standards and procedures in accordance with Crown Agent’s commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement
- Any other duties as appropriate to the position, as requested.
- A relevant post-graduate degree, desirable.
- Familiar with data management systems such as Power BI (or similar), tools for collection of data from field locations (i.e. Kobo).
- Prior experience with GIS mapping will be an advantage.
- Proven ability to identify, develop and win new opportunities
- Prior project management experience will be an advantage, with a particular focus on a demonstrated understanding of, or interest in, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) principles and methodologies and the use of results to drive project performance.