ICT Asset Management Analyst
United Nations Volunteers, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the reporting lines to the Chief of the Information and Communications Technology Services Section (ICTSS), the UN Volunteer will:
- Perform daily and long-term operational and strategic management of IT assets which includes hardware (network and storage devices, servers, PCs, printers, consumables, Cell phones, Tablets) and software.
- Ensure quality control throughout the lifecycle of all UNECA’s IT assets by developing and implementing appropriate procedures to track and manage IT assets.
- Participate in the development, recommendation and maintenance of policy and guidelines.
- Establish, manage and maintain databases and records of information such as licenses, service agreements, and warranties for the organization’s software and hardware.
- Interpret IT asset licensing requirements and provide asset management guidance.
- Establish and maintain documentation of procedures, processes, and reports concerning asset and configuration management.
- Define and enhance scheme for identifying hardware and software-related assets as well as configuration items.
- Perform verification and audit of software assets with license contracts.
- Confirm hardware assets with actual inventory and initiate corrective actions.
- Ensure timely and accurate planning, tracking, analysis and reporting of software assets.
- Take part in other IT service management processes, or as required perform patch management and back up to maintain operational activities.
- Ensure process efficiency by implementing the key performance indicators suggest improvements to the process continuously.
- Generate and distribute various reports, including compliance reports on current assets and their status.
- Lead and coordinate virtual and physical audits of IT software and enforce processes and procedures to ensure accuracy.
- Collaborate with Information Security and infrastructure teams to determine trends in asset performance.
- The incumbent will report to the Chief of ICTSS. The IT asset management analyst will be responsible for taking a detailed inventory of UNECA’s software and hardware assets. He/ She will be responsible for developing and maintaining processes, policies, standards, systems and measurements that will help UNECA to effectively manage its IT asset portfolio (software and technology-related hardware) with regards to cost, control, risk, compliance, business performance objectives, and IT Governance as established by UNECA.
- He/she will work closely with information security officer to ensure compliance and streamline IT service management.
Required degree level
- Master degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Accounting, Information systems, Business Management, statistics or related field.
- A relevant first-level university degree in combination with an additional three years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in IT Asset Management and Accounting;
- Familiarity with IPSAS Public Accounting Standards would be desirable;
- Knowledge of Information Security will be a plus.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent