Background Information – Job Specific
To better raise public awareness of the work of GOJUST, the project will redesign its website to create a more user-friendly, attractive design, as well as interactive features. The website will serve the anchor for all content for GOJUST and will be the primary public facing platform for the project. The GOJUST website is currently hosted and maintained by a contracted vendor and would require revamp, redesign and changes.
The project, therefore, needs the services of a competent and professional Website Design and Development Consultant that will provide technical input and support to the UNOPS Communications Officer so that expected results are achieved. The Website Design and Development Consultant will also work closely with UNOPS staff in the design, requirements, development, testing and implementation, and delivery of the GOJUST II website.
Under the overall direction of the UNOPS GOJUST2 Communications Officer, the Website Design and Development Consultant will perform the following functions:
Set-up of GoJUST II’s new website, including:
- Setting up a new hosting account;
- Setting up a content management system, including its integration;
- Setting up security and firewall protections;
- Managing the migration of content from the old site to the new;
- And supporting any domain issues (e.g. renewing the domain)
- Participate in the consultation process with the Communications Officer to finalize the design concept for the Gojust2 website (Initial Concept in Annex A).
- Provide technical support in pre-testing (beta) and final approval of the website prior to implementation of the live website.
- Ensure the new website is successfully launched
- Ensure the production server is secure;
- Conduct a final checking of the site on the production server;
- Launch the site;
- Ensure there is no interruption for the public from the old GOJUST website to the new GOJUST website.
- Provide substantive inputs in the creation of user-guide for the website and provide input during training of relevant staff on how to manage content on the CMS in particular.
- Provide one month support of handover of assets.
- UNOPS will hold exclusive rights to the website designed and all the content that is published on the website.
Monitoring of Progress
- The Website Consultant will present the deliverables to the Communications Officer who will assess the quality of the delivery.
The payment for the consultant will be based on the delivery of the following milestones:
- Submission of three (3) website designs - 25%
- Development of draft website - 25%
- Integration of content management system - 25%
- Delivery of live website - 25%
- Uploading of website to hosting company
- Ensuring required plugins
- Training of staff
- A minimum of Secondary School certification is required.
- Higher degree (Bachelor's or Master's) in other related fields is considered as an asset and may substitute for some years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience in web design and development;
- Solid professional experience in building websites in the Philippines is an asset;
- Solid experience in UI and UX development is an asset;
- Thorough functional knowledge and experience in coding is desirable;
- Experience in or knowledge of Search Engine Optimization is an asset.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders is an asset;
- Excellent creative/design skills, and creative approach to communications is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and coordination; skills and ability to work in a team to achieve objectives is desirable.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is desired.