ICT Senior Associate
United Nations Office for Project Services, Yangon, Myanmar
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the direct supervision of Finance Analyst (Dispatch) , and technical supervision of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Data Management of PR, the ICT Senior Associate - Quality Assurance shall be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Under the supervision of the secondary supervisor, develop formats/forms and uniform database design for all programmes.
- Develop automated reports that can easily be produced from the system using specific parameters
- Review the current information systems in place (e.g. current database, tracking sheets etc)
- Develop the Data Studio for the data management system
Data management and analysis
- Ensure regular information update for National Programme implementation partners/projects according to the produced formats and clean any overlapping issues and data.
- Working closely with the Yangon based Managed Cash Flow team and field staff by giving the required information or solving database errors on a daily basis.
- Act as a focal person of MCFU(Managed Cash Flow Unit) for financial data disbursed by Field Finance Assistants (FFAs) at field level and by Finance Assistants (FAs) in Yangon.
- Communicable to Head Quarter for the technical purpose to build the Google Data Studio and Settlement Reconciliation database design.
- Install a database for new MCFU staff and provide orientation training.
- Provide data quality training to MCFU data users.
- Must ensure that data in the MCFU-MIS system is accurate and regularly updated.
- Make sure that databases using MCFU units are running correctly and FFAs and FA are using updated databases correctly.
- Collect FFAs data on monthly basics, check the completeness and correctness of data before sending it to M&E Officer – Data Management.
- Ensure that quality on FFAs data without missing data, errors and duplicated data.
- Contact directly to FFAs if s/he could not send monthly data on-time and/or found errors at their data.
- Be the first contact person for FFA when they are faced with data problems and refer to M&E Officer – Data Management if technical support is needed.
- Work closely with M&E Officer – Data Management and advice on data related issues.
- Immediately report to M&E Officer – Data Management in case MCFU-MIS system breaks down and/or threads occur.
- Check for data accuracy and data assurance and provide regular feedback to the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Data Management of PR.
- Contribute to the preparation of information required for monthly reports and other periodic reports, as well as upon request from (MCFU) Managed Cash Flow Unit.
- Advise MCFU teams in the development of new data analysis
- Manage the database on a common share drive where programme & financial information is easily accessible by others
- Complete and correct FFA monthly data to M&E Officer – Data Management according to reporting timeline to prepare Activity Done Report and Disbursement Reports.
- Works closely with the Programmes Support and Public Health Officers on issues related to activities completion and the quarterly work plan development.
- Strong understanding of the quarterly approved Work plan in order to provide a necessary guidance to Field staff for effective data management of National Programme’s activities;
- Frequently travel to the townships where FFAs are located to assist FFA’s disbursement process if necessary.
- Performs other duties assigned by the supervisor (s).
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Assist M&E Officer - Data Management in preparation of consolidated quarterly work plan in close collaboration with all programme teams and Managed Cash Flow Unit. The consolidated work plan will provide the associate with a clear perspective of time allocation and specific activities and approved budget amount for the whole country, and will be shared with FFAs before starting the quarter.
Impact of Results
- Efficient and effective database management including efficient and effective implementation of cash flow mechanisms, ensuring compliance with the managed cash-flow policy.
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines.
- Anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly.
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in database management in combination with additional 7 years of professional experience relevant to the above duties. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in computer science, statistics, or related field with 3 additional years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience in Database Management is required.
- Good knowledge and practical experience of Excel and Access (including data entry skill and Pivot, etc.) is required.
- Knowledge of database management and/or operations and advanced database user and cross data analysis skills would be a strong asset.
- Ability to work well in a team and thrive in an innovative environment.
- Knowledge of work plan and other forms of financial service would be an asset.
- Ability to work systematically, accurately, independently and under pressure.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Myanmar languages are required.