United Nations Development Programme, New Dehli, India
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of Head, Strategic Partnerships at UNDP India Country Office and Business and Human Rights Specialist at Bangkok Regional Hub, the Consultant will support the UNDP India Country Office Partnerships team to deliver the project in line with the outcomes detailed below.
- The assignment will be structured around the following two (2) deliverables:
- Lead on the stakeholder identification and prioritisation in five Indian sugar-producing states for developing solutions and roadmap to remedy;
- Provide inputs to the larger project design aimed at developing a roadmap to remedy human rights issues in Indian supply chains.
Scope of Work
The Consultant shall focus on two main workstreams:
- Lead on the stakeholder identification and prioritization for developing solutions and roadmap to remedy
- Identify key stakeholders essential to developing the roadmap to remediation
- Conduct fieldwork in 5 states (Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh) to map the key stakeholders in the sugar supply chain to identify the current situation and mitigation processes to address human rights issues in sugar supply chains.
- Prioritise stakeholders to develop partnerhsips to support the ethical sugar supply chain.
- Develop a PowerPoint and a narrative report basis stakeholder identification and prioritisation to report on the findings from the study.
- Provide inputs to the larger project design aimed at developing a roadmap to remediation of human rights issues in the Indian sugar supply chains.
- Provide inputs and insights into the larger project design for creating the remediation framework for human rights issues in sugar supply chains in India.
- The Consultant should possess the following expertise and qualifications:
Required Skills and Experience
The Consultant should possess the following expertise and qualifications:
- Postgraduate Diploma or Master’s degree or equivalent in Anthropology/Sociology/Management;
- At least 12 years of total work experience, with at least seven years of managing clients from commercial and development sector;
- Demonstrable experience in researching to inform programmatic interventions;
- Experience leading research teams across different locations;
- Excellent command of research tools and techniques.
- The consultant should be able to develop and lead a team of researchers to support data collection and analysis in 5 targeted states.
- Excellent communication and moderation skills;
- Familiarity with Human Rights issues, Sustainable Development Goals,and the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- Ability to complete tasks independently and take the initiative, but also work well as part of a team;
- Previous relevant experience with international development organisations would be an asset.
- Fluency in written and oral English. Knowledge of other Indian languages is desirable
- The signing of Contract – 50%
- Stakeholder Prioritization report with inputs on larger project design – 50%