Information & Communication Technology Officer
Norwegian Refugee Council, Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation - Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring an ICT Officer to be part of establishing NRC's programme in Sudan.
Duties and responsibilities
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Adheres to and support for implementation of NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Visit NRC field offices to provide support for internet setup in new bases according to ICT-HO Standards.
- Submit visit report as per NRC standards highlighting the key technical recommendations for future and keep the track.
- Provide IT support to all NRC offices in Sudan this includes country, area and field offices
- Ensure ICT equipment’s, hardware, software and other resources are timely made available and well maintained
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action & procedures, monitor and facilitate repairs.
- Sets up and configures general hardware, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
- Monitors, operates, and maintain a reliable internet and network system (connectivity, assigning access level…),
- Implement NRC filling system (electronic files) at country level as per defined NRC standards · Provide IT support and capacity building to users on hardware, software, peripherals and other ICT resources (internet, e-mail, intranet…)
- Keep track and ensure proper handover, including signatures for all mobile equipment’s.
- Work with Logistics to ensure that ICT Equipment are tagged, and any Loss/Damage are reported in with accuracy. Interact with external parties as and when required (for example contracted service providers for Internet) to ensure NRC is enjoying the required services in an optimum manner.
- Identify ICT problems, develop and implement technical solutions for example to meet Programme and Monitoring & Evaluation specific needs
- Maintain an accurate ICT asset management system and documentation at Country office level
- Ensure anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency principles in all processes
- Experience from working as an ICT Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Fluency in English
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Handling insecure environments