Under the supervision of the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Officer, NO-2, the ICT Assistant GS-5 provides technical, operational and procedural support and end-user services in the implementation and support of information management (systems, procedures and activities) of the office.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Administrative and operational support to implementation of corporate applications, changes and enhancement and business solutions.
Provide technical and operation support to users throughout the process of implementing corporate ICT applications, changes and enhancements and other business applications.
Provide customer support and services to ensure user capability to manage applications effectively and efficiently (e.g. SAP Vision, SharePoint). Assess/resolve technical issues and/or refer to relevant colleagues for timely resolution.
Knowledge management and capacity building
- Arrange for and/or perform office training and support for computerization.
- Support the planning, organization and implementation of capacity building initiatives to enhance staff competencies to implement and use/manage ICT innovation, solutions and opportunities to work productively, efficiently and effectively.
- Administration of infrastructures, network and related equipment and systems.
- Assist in the Common Services ICT Unit for the efficient and prompt delivery of service calls dealing with ICT services provided in the hosted environment including servers, multi-user network and other data and telecommunication facilities.
- Assist in the Common Services ICT unit in the tasks of user access to the network, data security of the network, and troubleshoot ad-hoc hardware or software problems experienced on the ICT services.
- Assist with the introduction of specific computer hardware and software.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completed secondary education supplemented by training through university courses in computer science.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in computer information management work, including data processing applications, database, multi-user network and telecommunications, hardware/software installation, user assistance and end-user documentation in support of office computerization.
- Fluency in Spanish. Good working knowledge of English.