Information Management and GIS Consulting
World Food Programme, Dominican Republic
Closing Date for Applications:
- This position must be filled in the country office, under the supervision of the Program Officer , the incumbent assumes the responsibility of carrying out a series of communication processes and activities that require a certain level of interpretation of the guidelines and standard practices.
- Increase the visibility of the work done in the operation by providing well-designed templates for GIS colleagues at the CO level.
- Identify ways to use ArcGIS online tools to provide visually appealing (fast) products on Operation.
- Assess the needs of other operational areas of the PO, such as Logistics, Social Protection, Nutrition, Emergency Preparedness and Response, and Resilience to better visualize their work.
- Identify ways to improve the use of spatial analysis to support food security analysis and guide programmatic decision-making, especially in dry corridor countries.
- Support the production of maps and GIS analysis requested by CO teams, particularly in emergency contexts.
- Support initiatives for geospatial data collection and food security assessments.
MINIMUM STANDARD RATINGS
Education: Completion of the secondary education cycle. The presentation of a post-secondary education certificate in the functional sphere in GIS , computer science and technology or related areas will be valued .
Language: Proficient, spoken and written Spanish. A good command of spoken and written English will be highly valued.